Josh Jones wants to be traded

snackattack

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Someone on another site pointed out that the NFL doesn't like 'first contract' guys  finding ways of getting a second contract early.

Once that business starts, it opens a whole can of worms for lots of players to try and force a second (and potentially much bigger) contract early....not good for the NFL.

This isn't even a thing.

Remember how long Wilson had to wait for his 2nd contract? That was due to the CBA. 

I don't get the Jones trade request. What has he done to even warrant a trade request? Nothing. What in the heck does he think a team will give up to tade for Josh Jones? Certaionly not where he was drafted. Dude get to camp and earn your respect because to date that has not happened. 

trade him as fast as possible. He doesn't want to be here and he's not worth cutting him. I don't care if we get a 7th rounder for him. He's been yet another one of Dom's Duds thus far and now he's got the Damarious Randall disease. Shut up and ship him already. 

Wish we traded him for a fourth in this year's draft. Someone would've bitten on that I'm sure...

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

trade him as fast as possible. He doesn't want to be here and he's not worth cutting him. I don't care if we get a 7th rounder for him. He's been yet another one of Dom's Duds thus far and now he's got the Damarious Randall disease. Shut up and ship him already. 

Wish we traded him for a fourth in this year's draft. Someone would've bitten on that I'm sure...

Why would they do that? HaHa went for a 4th and he's head and shoulders above JJ, no dandruff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

HaHa was for a half of a season though ... dealing for Jones could be a two year acquisition.  

That's a fair point. I didn't take the contract length into consideration.

That being said, Gute would be robbing someone if we got anything more than a 5th for him IMO.

37 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

That's a fair point. I didn't take the contract length into consideration.

That being said, Gute would be robbing someone if we got anything more than a 5th for him IMO.

If Gute pulls off a trade for even a 7th round pick for Jones, I will never doubt him again. I just don't see how any team would be interested in that, esp when a Tre Boston is still available on the FA market.

8 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

If Gute pulls off a trade for even a 7th round pick for Jones, I will never doubt him again. I just don't see how any team would be interested in that, esp when a Tre Boston is still available on the FA market.

A GM that really loved Jones in the draft that year could pull the trigger, especially if they think their scheme and coaching can fit a certain type of player. 

Edited by Victor1124
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Which player is less expensive?

With Jones, you're talking about a guy with some time left on a rookie deal that was a former second round pick and hasn't fit the current scheme. If I'm a team like Baltimore, I wouldn't think twice about trading a 6th away. Worst case scenario, I'm kicking the tires on the guy.

On 5/21/2019 at 9:06 AM, Hands said:

He has to prove something before he gets traded. Right now a soda vending machine is what he's worth until proven otherwise.

Nah, soda machines give you something of value for your rmoney.

On 5/21/2019 at 9:23 AM, {Family Ghost} said:

Duke has been a better player at the pro level, but he's in a similar situation to Jones, and has asked for a trade and is skipping OTA's.  Duke is 25 and a former 3rd round pick, Jones is 24 and a former 2nd round pick.  Jones has been a disappointment, but when he has played extensive minutes he's been fairly productive.  

So, he's a disappointment, but is fairly productive when given extensive minutes? Sorry, this is an oxymoron. Either he can play, and he couldn't beat out Kentrell Bryce, or he can't. Maybe a change of position for him, making him a situational pass rusher as a roving LBer might be worth exploring. There is a reason the Packers signed a safety in FA and drafted one in the first round, giving up two extra fourth's to get Savage. Because Jones is seen as a mistake. 

59 minutes ago, ricky said:

So, he's a disappointment, but is fairly productive when given extensive minutes? Sorry, this is an oxymoron. Either he can play, and he couldn't beat out Kentrell Bryce, or he can't. Maybe a change of position for him, making him a situational pass rusher as a roving LBer might be worth exploring. There is a reason the Packers signed a safety in FA and drafted one in the first round, giving up two extra fourth's to get Savage. Because Jones is seen as a mistake. 

No, it's not an oxymoron... he was a 2nd round pick and expected to be a solid starting player.  He hasn't been that, but he hasn't been terrible when he got extensive work.  Definitely not starter level though.

9 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

We drafted Burks, who's essentially the same guy. Can't say I blame him for wanting out, but contracts are wicked, and this league likes its players acquiescent. 

I think that adds to my argument. Thank you...