Obsession of Thrones' Annihilation Edition (OTAs)

swede700

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Is Diggs and O'Neill back yet?

I have not heard yet.  And it does appear that Rudolph isn't there (at least today), since he tweeted out that he is in Ohio today for a volunteer gig.  

• Like 1

The Vikings signed wide receiver Jordan Taylor this offseason hoping that he could emerge as the team’s No. 3 receiver.

So far, he’s impressing perhaps the most important person, quarterback Kirk Cousins.

“He’s a diamond in the rough. He’s got some stuff to him. Not only does he have some juice, but he’s been on the details,” Cousins said via Vikings.com.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/29/kirk-cousins-calls-jordan-taylor-a-diamond-in-the-rough/

I’m still curious to see what type of offseason/preseason Treadwell has. He’s still the youngest non rookie receiver on the roster, so I’m pulling for him to figure things out. 

But it’s nice to see others appear to step up to the plate and offer legit competition. 

It finally looks like we’ll have someone earn the spot. 

• Like 2

Once again, I got my question answered by Arif on the Athletic.  I asked about the 3rd WR and who was the best fit for that position.  He stated that Dillon Mitchell is probably the best fit, but right now Jordan Taylor is leading the battle for the spot, with Chad Beebe still in the running and Bisi and Treadwell on the outside, looking in.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Heavydan85 said:

Is kearse getting work at lb?

That was the plan. Haven’t seen anything reported about it. 

The “big nickel” slot safety position Kearse played last year is basically a LB/NCB hybrid, so it’s not really much of a position change. I think they might just be working with him on his run fits so he can play more on early downs (rather have Kearse than Gedeon at “LB” facing a team in a heavy formation who’s likely to throw from it).

• Like 1