Obsession of Thrones' Annihilation Edition (OTAs)

swede700

Sure, he was good on special teams. But he didn’t do anything that’s overly hard to replace. Sherels is the classic indispensable special teams ace but he was a returner and a gunner, not just a punt/kick coverage guy. 

PFF graded Ham as the 4th best Vikings player on special teams, behind Brothers (another guy I think they might move on from this year), Wilson and Gedeon. Ham was credited for one special teams tackle and 3 assists.

Ham was better in 2017 on special teams: 2nd highest graded player on the team (behind Wilson), credited with 12 tackles and 2 assists.

If the Vikings have 13 non-QB skill position players on the roster, should they keep Ham for his role on special teams even if he offers little on offense?

He was the 2nd lowest graded player on the offense last year, behind Treadwell and ahead of Elflein. His receiving grade was basically the same as Treadwell’s and his run blocking grade was only ahead of Elflein and Brett Jones. Those grades match what I thought at the time — he didn’t play well  

I think they should give Ham’s snaps on offense to a TE (Smith) or FB (Blasingame) who can offer more as a receiver. And I wouldn’t roster Ham if he’s only able to contribute on special teams. 

Edited by Krauser
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm surprised Diggs got the award over Thielen.

Didn't 19 set an NFL record last season?

Thielen did have a better year than Diggs did, but it really could be a toss-up either way.  Maybe it was that 1 critical fumble that Thielen had that turned it in Diggs' favor.  xD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Training camp starts on 7/26.

The Vikings have an excellent new training facility. And they wisely intend to continue to show it off. The Vikings have announced their training-camp schedule for 2019, with 16 practices open to the public.

Camp opens on July 26, with no joint practices on the schedule. Last year, the Vikings practiced with the Jaguars in advance of a preseason game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/20/vikings-to-hold-16-open-practices/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...