Newly signed Patriots OT Jared Veldheer retires

RaidersAreOne

On 10/05/2019 at 12:06 PM, lomaxgrUK said:

I know it's cliche to say, but Brady really is the best in the game at getting the ball out quickly. I would never, ever, ever give a big deal to an OT that has 'excelled' in New England. The way they run their Offense is so different to what any other team can run in the NFL because of #12's pre-snap ability and his quick release. Not to mention the tempo they play at which tires the pass rush.

Someone will probably post in this forum at some point next year saying, "what a dumbass Elway was for letting Veldheer go; he's killing it in NE!" The fact is, we saw Veldheer struggle in every facet of playing the position last year. Any 'success' he has next year I put down to #12 and the way NE scheme, not Scarnecchia.

These were my thoughts when it was mentioned in the Broncos forum that Veldheer had signed with the Patriots.

The highlighted is the reason that this should be good news for Patriots fans in my opinion. Injuries have ravaged him, and regardless of how good Brady is at masking average/below average Tackle play, he'd have had a job on his hands with Veldheer.

• Like 2