Bucs sign Ndamukong Suh 1 year deal

49erurtaza

55 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Speaking of Florida, he still has $13 million in dead cap languishing in miami

Rumor has it that ESPN is already $8M over the salary cap since Tannebaum was fired from Miami and moved to Connecticut. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

At this point Suh is probably a down grade.

And in terms of leadership... Not really Suh's thing.

I don’t think so. McCoy drifts in and out of games and tends to make his plays at non crucial moments. He’s also noticeably declined in the last few seasons.

I can think of a handful of games in nine seasons where McCoy has made a play when it’s mattered, such as late in Q4.

From a leadership perspective, it’s not really McCoy’s thing either. He was put into that role when he was drafted and it was never really for him. There’s been numerous examples throughout his career that demonstrate he’s a terrible leader and I’d argue that, whilst being the best 3 tech in the league at his peak, he never really made the players around him better.

Overall, we got a guy who was being paid significantly more than his worth off of the roster and cleared the default leader of the defence out of the way. We now need a new leader to step up and hope they set a positive example and hold their teammates accountable, while not doing stupid stuff, like celebrating a sack whilst down by 3 scores.

I’m fairly meh on the Suh signing, but he brings an attitude to a defence that’s been sorely lacking an enforcer type for over a decade. 

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

I don’t think so. McCoy drifts in and out of games and tends to make his plays at non crucial moments. He’s also noticeably declined in the last few seasons.

I can think of a handful of games in nine seasons where McCoy has made a play when it’s mattered, such as late in Q4.

From a leadership perspective, it’s not really McCoy’s thing either. He was put into that role when he was drafted and it was never really for him. There’s been numerous examples throughout his career that demonstrate he’s a terrible leader and I’d argue that, whilst being the best 3 tech in the league at his peak, he never really made the players around him better.

Overall, we got a guy who was being paid significantly more than his worth off of the roster and cleared the default leader of the defence out of the way. We now need a new leader to step up and hope they set a positive example and hold their teammates accountable, while not doing stupid stuff, like celebrating a sack whilst down by 3 scores.

I’m fairly meh on the Suh signing, but he brings an attitude to a defence that’s been sorely lacking an enforcer type for over a decade. 

If you're the best 3 tech in the league you do make the players around you better and you don't have to say a word. Now it isn't going to make a below average player good it just gives them a better chance to make a play, it won't make a play for them.

Suh is a dirty player. That is what he brings to a defense. He can occasionally still be aggressive without being dirty but if you want him for his style that is a dirty style not a great leader or an aggressive player (regularly).

6 hours ago, YoungBucs15 said:

I think the biggest reason is probably cheaper than the 13M so we can sign our rookies but I believe it's all about the difference in their mentality. 

True.  Suh is a dirtbag a$$wipe, whereas McCoy is a stand-up guy. 

What a moronic move. 

• Like 1

I’ve really been waiting to hear where Suh would end up. The interest was obviously not out there for his services. Interesting landing spot. Wonder what the money is like. We know that’s all Suh wanted.

12 hours ago, YoungBucs15 said:

I think the biggest reason is probably cheaper than the 13M so we can sign our rookies but I believe it's all about the difference in their mentality.  Arians wants that aggressive mentality and Gerald was never that player, great player in his own way but just didn't mesh with the direction the defense is headed.

Aggressive is some of the best A+ PR spinning I’ve ever heard 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Aggressive is some of the best A+ PR spinning I’ve ever heard 

Well yeah, the bucs and most bucs fans aren't gonna come out and be like, check out this complete a-hole we signed, can't wait to see if he gets fined this year.  It's just after the years of listening to Gerald talk about just having fun and wearing kimonos to camp.

DFw_AxdU0AEebv4.jpg

Ronde said it best after the 2017 season

I love Gerald (McCoy), but for a defensive tackle to drive a team, he has to have a huge personality. I mean like the personality of (Warren) Sapp or a John Randle.

I don't discredit what Gerald did and went through being here for 9 years but he was never that leader or that "nice guy until sunday" player, he was nice guy all week and Suh is probably the complete opposite of that and that's what Bowles feels like the defense needs.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Well yeah, the bucs and most bucs fans aren't gonna come out and be like, check out this complete a-hole we signed, can't wait to see if he gets fined this year.  It's just after the years of listening to Gerald talk about just having fun and wearing kimonos to camp.

DFw_AxdU0AEebv4.jpg

Ronde said it best after the 2017 season

I don't discredit what Gerald did and went through being here for 9 years but he was never that leader or that "nice guy until sunday" player, he was nice guy all week and Suh is probably the complete opposite of that and that's what Bowles feels like the defense needs.

Is Aaron Donald a character?

• Like 1