Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Trentwannabe

Bills OTA's and TC Thread.

Recommended Posts

The Bills started OTA's yesterday and today there was media coverage which really gets the off-season rolling.

Few notes so far:

- Bills re-sign Jerry Hughes to a two year extension.

- Josh Allen, Foster and Zay were on fire during the 2 minute drill.

- Jon Feliciano started at C with Morse and Bodine not practicing.

- Beasley and Gore likely won't practice until TC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Joe Buscaglia:

Levi Wallace opens up with the first team at CB. #Bills

 

Quote

 

Mark Ludwiczak‏:

Josh Allen looked awfully sharp at Buffalo's first open practice of the spring. A long completion to Robert Foster and a touchdown to Zay Jones were the highlights.

 

Senorise Perry will wear #32 which hasn't been worn since OJ. It was like an "unwritten rule" that it was an untouchable number but Perry has family ties to the number and asked for it. McDermott and the media staff met with retired players and the leadership group to discuss bringing it back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Senorise Perry will wear #32 which hasn't been worn since OJ. It was like an "unwritten rule" that it was an untouchable number but Perry has family ties to the number and asked for it. McDermott and the media staff met with retired players and the leadership group to discuss bringing it back. 

i dont see what the big deal is, yes OJ was great in Buffalo, unfortunately he is no longer known for football and is known for his off field things. The number was never retired like Jim Kelly Bruce Smith and Thurman Thomas so even if it was unwritten it is still a number that is available. Im just not a fan of Perry having it as  he is a player who may not even make the squad so to cause uproar for those who think it should be a retired number on a guy who is on the roster bubble. If it was a guy like Singletary I would be all for it simply because he will be on the team for at least 1 year and the debate will be worth it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Allen is throwing lasers, darts and bombs so far

Me thinking this kid is gonna be the best QB out of last years draft class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quinton Spain had to have thumb surgery and will be out for a few weeks. 

Jason Croom has reinjured his hammy and will be out for a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Tyrell Dodson was arrested last Sunday for domestic abuse.

even if it is false im not sure why they are keeping him around this long. it just causes more negative talk and him making the roster seems unlikely at this point. Should just let him go and someone else can deal with it. If it was oliver or McCoy then it would be a different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 9:19 AM, soflbillsfan said:

even if it is false im not sure why they are keeping him around this long. it just causes more negative talk and him making the roster seems unlikely at this point. Should just let him go and someone else can deal with it. If it was oliver or McCoy then it would be a different story.

Even if it’s false? How would you feel if you were falsely accused of something and your job decided to just fire you even though you did nothing wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DER10N92 said:

Even if it’s false? How would you feel if you were falsely accused of something and your job decided to just fire you even though you did nothing wrong?

The domestic abuse part may be false but in the police report he admitted to taking a large sum of money from her. Regardless, he is a no name player and not worth the distraction that could potentially come with it. He is a long shot to make the roster as is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The domestic abuse part may be false but in the police report he admitted to taking a large sum of money from her. Regardless, he is a no name player and not worth the distraction that could potentially come with it. He is a long shot to make the roster as is.

exactly, why deal with the pressure of having a no name on the team when he is likely cut and cause negative media nonsense. Police did arrest him for domestic violence as there was proof at the scene he will be in court June, they may wait to see if he is convicted of it or not but this is bad for bills. Look how much hate KC is getting between hunt, hill, and clark and those guys are good this guy was an UDFA for a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the worry and talk about Allen's progression has been a huge topic of conversation with media since OTAs started but has anyone heard or seen anything on how Tyree is doing in camp? I have been hearing other teams back up rookies being talked about but nothing on tyree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 11:06 AM, soflbillsfan said:

I know the worry and talk about Allen's progression has been a huge topic of conversation with media since OTAs started but has anyone heard or seen anything on how Tyree is doing in camp? I have been hearing other teams back up rookies being talked about but nothing on tyree

I haven't heard anything, but that's probably a good thing. I know he'll get a lot of work in the preseason so I'm assuming we'll get a good look in TC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank Gore put on the NFI list - sounds like a minor injury with no real concerns.

Jeremiah Sirles starting on the PUP list (as well as Kroft as we already knew).

 

Anybody watch the Bills embedded series? My goodness it is amazing and shows us somethings we may not have known (or only speculated). Things I saw/loved to hear.

- Edmunds meeting with London Fletcher
- Bills were very high on David Sills and had everyone including Terry Pegula on the phone with him.
- Ty Neshke is viewed as a RT by management/player personnel department 
- Cole Beasley being in the ear of Allen at OTA's and saying "I will finish my career here" when being shown the facilities 
- Lorenzo Alexander is such a crucial part of this team both on and off the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Frank Gore put on the NFI list - sounds like a minor injury with no real concerns.

Jeremiah Sirles starting on the PUP list (as well as Kroft as we already knew).

 

Anybody watch the Bills embedded series? My goodness it is amazing and shows us somethings we may not have known (or only speculated). Things I saw/loved to hear.

- Edmunds meeting with London Fletcher
- Bills were very high on David Sills and had everyone including Terry Pegula on the phone with him.
- Ty Neshke is viewed as a RT by management/player personnel department 
- Cole Beasley being in the ear of Allen at OTA's and saying "I will finish my career here" when being shown the facilities 
- Lorenzo Alexander is such a crucial part of this team both on and off the field.

You can put sirles on IR and add Isaac Asiata to the roster to replace him. 

 

Also one thing I did notice is Tre White, everyone has been saying he doesnt want to be in Buffalo if that was the case then they wouldnt have highlighted him on this show about raising his child and soon to be born in Buffalo. 

Another huge person you didnt mention is Micah Hyde, i think he doesnt get enough credit for being a leader on this team.

This embedded shows what the Bills are all about and its a culture to be on the team if you cant buy in then they will find a way to move on from you. I think this is a huge thing Beane and McDermott have pushed the last 2 years and to get the young guys they drafted to buy in before stepping foot in to Buffalo is the right move. 

Edited by soflbillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very excited to see Edmunds development, he's 21 years old just the thought of having him here for a decade has me salivating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×