Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Trentwannabe

Bills OTA's and TC Thread.

Recommended Posts

Ty Nsehke and Micah Hyde are back practicing. Croom is getting closer and Knox is working with strength and conditioning coaches.

Starting OL today:
Dawkins
Spain
Long
Ford
Nsehke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

McKenzie getting some first team reps at WR today.

Yea the coaches are loving what he has been doing. I can see him making the squad over McCloud. Beasley, Brown, Foster, Zay, Roberts, and Mckenzie would be my guess as to the 6 WR they keep. Sills, McColud will go to Psquad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is no one mentioning Vlad being cut, thank the oline heavens he is not a bill. Just put Bodine on the cut list and bills will have 4.5 mil in cap space to add to this year or roll over to next year. I cant imagine Acho being much who is taking the roster spot from Vlad as he has a steep hill to climb at pass rush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Mathew Fairburn:

Quote

Josh Allen was 11 for 13 in the last two team periods of practice with Bills working on some 3rd and 6-9 situations. Sharp day for 17.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people need to start looking at Nick Easley as this teams PS guy and not Sills. 

Both McD and Daboll have talked about Easley unprovoked by reporters which IMO speaks volumes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My best guess as to guys who could be traded for late round picks just before week 4 of the pre-season or just after:

OL Ike Boettger - Could be a low level start for a desperate team or quality depth. Bills likely keep 8 OL and 2 on PS but I'm not sure he clears waivers to get there. (he didn't last year)

RB TJ Yeldon - All it will take is one injury to a starter or backup and the Bills could get a 5th or 6th for Yeldon on a two-year team friendly deal.

WR Cam Phillips - I think the Bills would love to get him on the PS with either Ray-Ray or Easley but if a team comes calling to fill out their 6th spot, he could be targeted.

CB Layfette Pitts - Bills are 13 deep in the secondary and likely only keep 9 at the most. Munnerlyn was getting 1st team nickel reps today and he can backup all 3 spots whereas Neal can also play "Big Nickel" and Safety. Baring injury I think it leaves Pitts on the outside looking in at the moment. 

 

Edited by Trentwannabe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

My best guess as to guys who could be traded for late round picks just before week 4 of the pre-season or just after:

OL Ike Boettger - Could be a low level start for a desperate team or quality depth. Bills likely keep 8 OL and 2 on PS but I'm not sure he clears waivers to get there. (he didn't last year)

RB TJ Yeldon - All it will take is one injury to a starter or backup and the Bills could get a 5th or 6th for Yeldon on a two-year team friendly deal.

WR Cam Phillips - I think the Bills would love to get him on the PS with either Ray-Ray or Easley but if a team comes calling to fill out their 6th spot, he could be targeted.

CB Layfette Pitts - Bills are 13 deep in the secondary and likely only keep 9 at the most. Munnerlyn was getting 1st team nickel reps today and he can backup all 3 spots whereas Neal can also play "Big Nickel" and Safety. Baring injury I think it leaves Pitts on the outside looking in at the moment. 

 

I think Pitts can be part of a package deal if they try to get Clowney which Houston is pushing. Some rumors say they are in works with them and other rumors saying its not happening. With Beane at the helm and always quiet when making a move if he does pull the trigger for clowney Pitts could be part of it and possibly Ike as those are 2 big needs texans would like to fill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think Pitts can be part of a package deal if they try to get Clowney which Houston is pushing. Some rumors say they are in works with them and other rumors saying its not happening. With Beane at the helm and always quiet when making a move if he does pull the trigger for clowney Pitts could be part of it and possibly Ike as those are 2 big needs texans would like to fill.

I wouldn't hold your breath. The only "source" I have seen is some podcast calling for it.

Tim Graham and John Wawrow have both heavily refuted it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 7:55 PM, Trentwannabe said:

I wouldn't hold your breath. The only "source" I have seen is some podcast calling for it.

Tim Graham and John Wawrow have both heavily refuted it. 

I said IF they were to make a move for Clowney I could see that he would be a piece to the package. As for Tim John and any other source they are all garbage when it comes to rumors. The reason I say that is because NO ONE has any inside scoop when moves are being done until they are over. No one know anything about, sammy, dareus, darby, etc until the move has been made. I expect the same to happen whether it is clowney or someone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christian Wade Update:

Per the Bills, Wade can make the Bills 53. If he doesn't he can be claimed by any other 31 teams and be put on their 53. If he is not claimed he can be put on the Bills or any other teams 10 man PS. He can also be put on the Bills PS as the 11th member which is where he can no longer play or sign elsewhere in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-08-19 at 1:15 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Christian Wade Update:

Per the Bills, Wade can make the Bills 53. If he doesn't he can be claimed by any other 31 teams and be put on their 53. If he is not claimed he can be put on the Bills or any other teams 10 man PS. He can also be put on the Bills PS as the 11th member which is where he can no longer play or sign elsewhere in 2019.

He'll get claimed by another team. Probably best suited for PS and learn the game for another year while we ride vets McCoy and Gore for a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

He'll get claimed by another team. Probably best suited for PS and learn the game for another year while we ride vets McCoy and Gore for a year.

If a team claims him he has to go onto their 53 and is guaranteed 3 game checks. That seems rather unlikely for a guy who is 28 and has about 6 months of football experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

He'll get claimed by another team. Probably best suited for PS and learn the game for another year while we ride vets McCoy and Gore for a year.

he has had 5 total carries/catches, just because he made 2 plays against 3/4th string defenses doesnt mean a team is going to come in and pay him. The bills cut him they then go through waivers for a team to claim for 53 man roster if not then bills can put him on psquad which no other team can snake him from at that time. I just dont see it happening for a raw running back. Its an exciting preseason follow for fans but that is all it will be, as he still needs more time to develop. I will not settle to keep him on the 53 man roster because some other team may take him, the bills have more important things then hoping for a 4th string rb who doesnt play special teams, blocking other teams by landing him. They need a guy like Perry come in and be a back up for them but is also featured on ST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×