Bills OTA's and TC Thread.

Trentwannabe

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Morse in concussion protocol 

Shady excused from practice today for personal reasons.

Long dealing with knee soreness.

Ty Nsehke got work at both LT and RT. Most media believe he is clearly one of the best 5. I imagine it won't be long before Ford gets some time at RG and our day 1 unit baring injury is
LT: Dawkins
LG: Spain
C: Morse
RG: Ford
RT: Nsekhe

Doesn't Morse have a history with concussions? This is not a promising start to his tenure. I am worried about him and Allen getting on the same page. He was supposed to be our anchor and captain on the OL, which was supposed to take pressure of Allen. This could linger for weeks.

7 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Doesn't Morse have a history with concussions? This is not a promising start to his tenure. I am worried about him and Allen getting on the same page. He was supposed to be our anchor and captain on the OL, which was supposed to take pressure of Allen. This could linger for weeks.

3rd documented one. 

Apparently he is in the 3rd stage (out of 5) so hopefully it won't be much longer. He did do some snaps on the field today with Allen. 

5 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Our offensive line is in shamble right now. I really hope we can rebound and get guys back, but this is not a promising start.

Waddle wasn’t going to start. What else is wrong besides the Morse concussion which yes could be a real issue.

50 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think the Waddle injury is a bigger concern then some of you believe. Having him as the swing tackle allowed the Bills to keep Ford at Guard and Ty at RT. But now the swing tackle would be Connor McDermott? Not ideal. Nor is Samy Young if he signs. 

Waddle was put on IR and they signed Jarron Brown. 

I think Ford needs to stay at Tackle, with Ty as the swing as he played both in Washington. Keep in mind the bills still have Feliciano, Long, and Ducasse. Ducasse as a person I like just dont like him on the field, he did however have a better year when bills went to the playoffs while playing RG so its not a huge deal for that Guard position. Ideally it should be this for week 1:

LT Dawkins, TY swing
LG Spain, Teller
C Morse, Long
RG Feliciano, Long
RT Ford, TY swing

Carrying 8-9 olineman is the usual thing so I expect 1 more tackle to stay on and both Bodine and Ducasse are casualties clearing more then 4 mil. Waddle would have been nice to have all 4 but I dont think its a massive loss for the season.

13 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Waddle wasn’t going to start. What else is wrong besides the Morse concussion which yes could be a real issue.

Because we pretty much overhauled our entire offensive line and this is the time we need to be building chemistry. Hard to do that when these guys aren't on the field.

9 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I wonder if this means McDermott makes the roster now if Ford is moved to guard permanently?

My guess is its either him or Wesley who some media seem to like too. Barring no more season ending injuries I'm guessing we keep 8 OL and they are:

Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford, Nsekhe, Long, Feliciano, and Mcdermott/Wesley.

I think Teller will need to show some consistency in pre-season in order to make it and bump a swing tackle off the roster.

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

My guess is its either him or Wesley who some media seem to like too. Barring no more season ending injuries I'm guessing we keep 8 OL and they are:

Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford, Nsekhe, Long, Feliciano, and Mcdermott/Wesley.

I think Teller will need to show some consistency in pre-season in order to make it and bump a swing tackle off the roster.

To me you have to look at the options through out, are you saying McDermott/Wesley are closer to starting at RT over Feliciano, Bodine, and Ducasse at RG? Thats the way I look at it. If Ty goes down you kick Ford out to RT and then put Long, Feliciano, Bodine/Ducasse at RG over starting Ford at RG and Mcdermott/wesley at RT. I would much rather see dawkins, spain, morse, feliciano/long, and ford as the starting line then ford and mcdermott on the rightside. Time will tell though i think the bills need to put Ford at both positions in preseason and see where they are at maybe start him at RG and then 2nd string RT for thursday

Edited by soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

To me you have to look at the options through out, are you saying McDermott/Wesley are closer to starting at RT over Feliciano, Bodine, and Ducasse at RG? Thats the way I look at it. If Ty goes down you kick Ford out to RT and then put Long, Feliciano, Bodine/Ducasse at RG over starting Ford at RG and Mcdermott/wesley at RT. I would much rather see dawkins, spain, morse, feliciano/long, and ford as the starting line then ford and mcdermott on the rightside. Time will tell though i think the bills need to put Ford at both positions in preseason and see where they are at maybe start him at RG and then 2nd string RT for thursday

I have Feliciano making the team.

As for the question. From what I have seen/believe, I would go with McD or Wesley over proven trash veterans like Bodine and Ducasse. 

11 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I have Feliciano making the team.

As for the question. From what I have seen/believe, I would go with McD or Wesley over proven trash veterans like Bodine and Ducasse. 

I think Teller would make it over McDermott/Wesley he actually has more game experience then those two. But then again I still believe Ford ends up as a Tackle over Guard. 

My Belief is 3 OT Dawkins, TY, and Ford; 4 OG Spain, Long, Feliciano, and Teller; C Morse

With Wesley and/or Mcdermott going to Psquad. 

On 8/7/2019 at 9:17 AM, soflbillsfan said:

I think Teller would make it over McDermott/Wesley he actually has more game experience then those two. But then again I still believe Ford ends up as a Tackle over Guard. 

My Belief is 3 OT Dawkins, TY, and Ford; 4 OG Spain, Long, Feliciano, and Teller; C Morse

With Wesley and/or Mcdermott going to Psquad. 

You may be right. 

I know the depth chart shows Ford at RT but I will be curious to see if he starts at Guard tonight. It sounds like he is doing better inside.