Who is poised to be your teams breakout player?

RaidersAreOne

For the Raiders, I'd say Darren Waller. Originally a late round pick by the Ravens but has been busted a couple times for substance abuse issues. We signed him off their PS last year and has been an intriguing prospect for the Raiders since. The coaching staff has been super high on him all of late last season and this off season. Just today, Carr and Gruden had this to say:

I think he will be given every opportunity to run with the TE1 role with Cook gone now. He's a glimpse of what he showed:

• Like 2

Joseph Noteboom for the Rams.

The Rams feel more than comfortable letting Saffold walk because they truly believe in Noteboom. He has had a year to learn from Whitworth and develop under Kromer. I expect Noteboom to slide right in at LG and be very good. 

For the Texans? Julie'n Davenport. The dude was a starting-caliber offensive tackle prospect, but the issue was that he needed a couple of years to develop. Everyone knew this. 

A couple years later, and he could certainly be the Texans' starting left tackle after a year last year where he struggled while getting moved around a bit. I like him, as long as he has the work ethic.

Another candidate is KeKe Coutee. Could see him posting 800 receiving yards and 5-7 TDs this year.

• Like 1

couple of possibilities:

- rashaan evans. he started off very slow last year due to injuries but really came on and played very well during the latter half of the season once he started getting his sea legs. with a full, healthy offseason under his belt i think he'll be flying around out there.

- corey davis. he absolutely would have put up a 1000 yard season last year with consistent QB play. this one's somewhat dependent on mariota's health/efficacy, but with the return of delanie walker and the additions of adam humphries and aj brown, we finally have a reasonable receiving corps and he won't be our only threat on offense any more.

i guess you could put mariota himself here too? certainly this looks like the best supporting cast he'll have had since being drafted, but it's hard to really know what to think of him any more. i tend toward believing that he is what he is, but hey, it's possible he could flip the switch. i can only hope, lol

• Like 1

John Ross will have every opportunity. He just needs to stay healthy.

It's hard to call Jessie Bates a break out candidate because he's already played so well as a rookie, but he'll gain more name recognition at the end of this season if he continues his trajectory.

So many good candidates for the Bears, but I'm going with Roquan Smith. Didnt get much attention bc of the long holdout and then the injury in camp.  Started kinda slow but really came on at the end of the year, pulling out the splash plays and becoming a force in the middle.  5 sacks, 5 INTs most tackles for a LB since Lach.  Kid is probably going to be a star this year.

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

For the Texans? Julie'n Davenport. The dude was a starting-caliber offensive tackle prospect, but the issue was that he needed a couple of years to develop. Everyone knew this. 

A couple years later, and he could certainly be the Texans' starting left tackle after a year last year where he struggled while getting moved around a bit. I like him, as long as he has the work ethic.

Another candidate is KeKe Coutee. Could see him posting 800 receiving yards and 5-7 TDs this year.

I'm thinking Dont'a Foreman - while his explosiveness is probably not the same after his achilles tear, he's still good good size and vision, could be a decent replacement for Lamar Miller one day.

I'll also buy high on Coutee - if he's in for a full 16 games, he'll be a good little weapon for the office.

• Like 1

I think this is the year you see Joey Bosa REALLY break out. I know he has already had some great seasons, but I'm talking about breaking out in a 1st-team All-Pro edge rusher type of way.

He wasn't 100% at any point last year, even when he played. He's even said himself that he was pretty out of shape because the foot injury kept him from most of his training. He's had a full season to get back into football shape and I think this is the year you see him go from very good to elite.

It will also help that the interior of the D-line should be a bit stronger with the drafting of Tillery and maybe be blessed with the singing of Gerald McCoy. Regardless, Bosa should be able to get to the QB more often if the interior does a better job at collapsing the pocket like I think it will this year.

I'd also like the add that these next two seasons are going to determine how much money he'll be able to get on his next contract, giving him all the more motivation to really bust out.

Edited by Bolts223

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

couple of possibilities:

- rashaan evans. he started off very slow last year due to injuries but really came on and played very well during the latter half of the season once he started getting his sea legs. with a full, healthy offseason under his belt i think he'll be flying around out there.

- corey davis. he absolutely would have put up a 1000 yard season last year with consistent QB play. this one's somewhat dependent on mariota's health/efficacy, but with the return of delanie walker and the additions of adam humphries and aj brown, we finally have a reasonable receiving corps and he won't be our only threat on offense any more.

i guess you could put mariota himself here too? certainly this looks like the best supporting cast he'll have had since being drafted, but it's hard to really know what to think of him any more. i tend toward believing that he is what he is, but hey, it's possible he could flip the switch. i can only hope, lol

I'm thinking Landry, actually.  He was solid for a rookie pass rusher, and he'll be the full time starter at the position.  If not him, I'd probably say Evans too.