Who is poised to be your teams breakout player?

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Has Derrick Henry broken out yet? What do others think of him? If not, I’d go with him. The OL should be greatly improved adding Saffold and getting rid of Kline. Conklin is fully healthy and if he’s not back to himself, Kelly can come in and start with no issues. Plus getting Delanie back should help the run game big time. Henry the last 4 games was insane and should’ve been used well before that but early in the season, Lewis was getting workhorse RB carries. To me, the offense should run through Henry. If he gets the space, no one is going to be able to tackle him in the open field.

Yes, he already broke out in my estimation. 1,000 yards, 4.9/12 good numbers.

On offense, I'll say Chris Godwin. He's been good since he got here and he's been steadily getting better. He's shown up in plenty of games despite being buried on the depth chart. Now he's our number two and BA plans to put him all over place. I think he's got a chance to break 1,000 yards this year.

On defense, I'll go with Vita Vea. He started slow last year after missing the first nine weeks of football (offseason practices, preseason, beginning of the season) with an injury. He wasn't in the best shape and he was learning on the fly when he came back. Once he got his footing and was more confident, he went on a tear the second half of the season. He's lost some weight and seems like a perfect fit in Bowles' system.

On 5/26/2019 at 5:51 AM, fin156 said:

I would agree that Anthony Harris is a candidate for the Vikings but my vote would go towards Brian O'Neill.  He actually played better than I had anticipated as a rookie last year.  I think with that season of competition plus an offseason of development is going to put him a good spot.  RT isn't the sexiest pick for a breakout player but any development along our OL will be much wanted.

Otherwise, I would go with one of the late round receivers taken recently.  Treadwell is most likely getting finished as a training camp cut and I think someone like Dillon Mitchell can flash some talent early in his career.

I highly doubt the Vikings will be willing to take on Treadwell's 3m+ cap hit by cutting him given their current cap situation. 

Dalvin Cook is probably the biggest breakout candidate with Kubiak's influence on the run game.

5 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I highly doubt the Vikings will be willing to take on Treadwell's 3m+ cap hit by cutting him given their current cap situation. 

Dalvin Cook is probably the biggest breakout candidate with Kubiak's influence on the run game.

Salary cap limitations hasn't provided every cut in the past.  Not to mention, 3 million dollars, which in the grand picture of it all, is nothing.   Treadwell's performance, or lack thereof, doesn't warrant a roster spot at all.  

Also, I'm not really sure if Cook can qualify as a breakout player.  I think he needs to stay healthy before being considered a breakout player

3 million dollars for a team that is very tight against the cap with no real experience on the roster, and no ability to sign a replacement would be tough to do. It’s not something the Vikings have done frequently in the past. Treadwell had more catches last year than every other WR on the Vikings roster outside of Thielen and Diggs for their careers combined. No cap and no experience behind him is almost a guarantee that he is on the roster.

If Cook has a great season, which he is set up to do, I don’t understand how that doesn’t constitute being a breakout player. 

18 minutes ago, fin156 said:

Salary cap limitations hasn't provided every cut in the past.  Not to mention, 3 million dollars, which in the grand picture of it all, is nothing.   Treadwell's performance, or lack thereof, doesn't warrant a roster spot at all.  

Also, I'm not really sure if Cook can qualify as a breakout player.  I think he needs to stay healthy before being considered a breakout player

I don't understand that logic. Poised to be the breakout player meaning he has the potential to break out but hasn't yet. Cook qualifies for that. 

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

I don't understand that logic. Poised to be the breakout player meaning he has the potential to break out but hasn't yet. Cook qualifies for that. 

In order for one to be a breakout player, they must be on the field.  It seems pretty simple to me.

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

3 million dollars for a team that is very tight against the cap with no real experience on the roster, and no ability to sign a replacement would be tough to do. It’s not something the Vikings have done frequently in the past. Treadwell had more catches last year than every other WR on the Vikings roster outside of Thielen and Diggs for their careers combined. No cap and no experience behind him is almost a guarantee that he is on the roster.

If Cook has a great season, which he is set up to do, I don’t understand how that doesn’t constitute being a breakout player. 

Treadwell has 56 catches in three seasons, only one of which is a touchdown.  I get that he has more catches than every other person on the roster combined but I think it says something when the rest of the receivers on the roster have been in the league for three years max and not given the opportunity that Treadwell has been given and failed to live up to.  You may very well be right in stating he'll be on the team next year.  However, his lack of results with the opportunity that he's been given compared to players who are coming for his position and frankly could offer more potential will make him worth moving on from.

43 minutes ago, fin156 said:

In order for one to be a breakout player, they must be on the field.  It seems pretty simple to me.

Right, and if he has a great season then he broke out. It’s implied that he was on the field. I’m not sure what’s disqualifying?