The Leader We Need

turtle28

https://www.redskins.com/video/jonathan-allen-we-can-always-find-room-for-a-guy-who-works-hard

This press conference is worth a watch. Jon Allen is the leader we need on this defense and team. As long as he’s here I believe our lockeroom and team will continue to improve.

This is one of the best conferences I’ve seen from a Redskins player. So promising.

• Like 5

Agree @turtle28 he is such a mature young man- it’s all about the team working hard with a singular focus to win. No whining or excuses about injuries. And very importantly every player should feel nervous about losing their job if they aren’t preparing hard enough or playing at their peak level. 

can he be our head coach? Ours seems to be concerned more about being liked than about winning. And he plays politics with who is playing which is anathema ( vocab challenge word of the day bro’s) to winning

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Agree @turtle28 he is such a mature young man- it’s all about the team working hard with a singular focus to win. No whining or excuses about injuries. And very importantly every player should feel nervous about losing their job if they aren’t preparing hard enough or playing at their peak level. 

can he be our head coach? Ours seems to be concerned more about being liked than about winning. And he plays politics with who is playing which is anathema ( vocab challenge word of the day bro’s) to winning

Doc, to quibble -Shouldn't that properly be AN anathema ? ( anathema being a noun ) .

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

while I liked the first paragraph why must you bring Gruden into everything?

I don’t think that’s the case with Gruden at all. He certainly chastised RG3 in 2014 but Allen/Snyder cracked the whip on him for criticizing RG3. He also got rid of Amerson in 2014 and others who didn’t work hard enough or take things serious enough. Last year he got rid of Swearinger after he repeatedly criticized the entire organization from the ball boy to the players to the coaches and front office. They didn’t re-sign Zack Brown either partly for similar reasons.

Yeah, he’s a player coach, but I don’t think it’s true that he has no discipline for his players and there seems to be a line you can’t cross with him or you’re gone.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, mike23md said:

can he get Chad Engelhart fired? 

My guess is that Jon Allen likes him. Last year when Swearinger ripped everyone else, Jon Allen said he didn’t speak for everyone. And just then, I knew we had a new leader in town!

Turtle, nothing short of a SuperBowl win will change Doc's animus ( new word of the day ! ) for our Coach . He hates him through and through and has never wavered in his dislike- Gotta give him credit for that . As for myself - I just usually skip over that part -works well for me .

Edited by RSkinGM

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

while I liked the first paragraph why must you bring Gruden into everything?

I don’t think that’s the case with Gruden at all. He certainly chastised RG3 in 2014 but Allen/Snyder cracked the whip on him for criticizing RG3. He also got rid of Amerson in 2014 and others who didn’t work hard enough or take things serious enough. Last year he got rid of Swearinger after he repeatedly criticized the entire organization from the ball boy to the players to the coaches and front office. They didn’t re-sign Zack Brown either partly for similar reasons.

Yeah, he’s a player coach, but I don’t think it’s true that he has no discipline for his players and there seems to be a line you can’t cross with him or you’re gone.

Legitimate point, yeah I think he sucks and we will until he’s gone, but I have to learn to accept him, right? 

petuhh.gif

Nah, not gonna happen my friend :)

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Legitimate point, yeah I think he sucks and we will until he’s gone, but I have to learn to accept him, right? 

petuhh.gif

Nah, not gonna happen my friend :)

I don’t know that Gruden is the problem Redskins park - it’s above him like 15 years before he was hired - from all accounts Gruden knows what he’s doing as a play caller. It’s been proven that he’s  able to delegate responsibilities to others like he’s done with his coordinations, for example with Sean McVay and now Kevin O’Connell with play calling.

It’s also been proven Gruden has a good eye for talent, he moved Dunny to corner bc he was he was so aggressive on special teams and we had injuries at corner. Gruden saw Ioannidis’ pass rush ability at the Senior Bowl and stood on the table for him during the 2016 draft.

Also, McCloughan said when he was walking out the door that the Redskins are in good hands with Gruden bc he knows how to scout and develop talent.

It seems to me you get on Gruden bc he doesn’t run training camp the same way as they used to in the 70s, 80s and 90s, well they can’t bc of the collective bargaining agreement that was signed in 2011. That’s not Gruden’s fault.

Edited by turtle28

I can’t wait to see Allen on Hard Knocks. If I was directing I’d focus the show around players Allen, Haskins, Norman, Peterson, and then the underdogs would be Moreland and Mr Irrelevant from 2018. Of course the coaches would be dumbo and Ryan and Tomsula. Ryan is comedy gold and watching him squeeze his 400 pounds into those polyester practice shirts he has will remind us of last year when that OL coach from the Browns basically had to take an Uber from the dressing room to the practice field 

Edited by Doc Draper

On 5/22/2019 at 9:47 PM, turtle28 said:

It’s been proven that he’s  able to delegate responsibilities to others like he’s done with his coordinations, for example with Sean McVay and now Kevin O’Connell with play calling.

Where has it been confirmed that O’Connell is taking over play-calling duties this year?  I haven’t seen it.