Who will be the worst team in the NFL?

ClutchDJ

12 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Anyone who says it's Miami Dolphins are going to be shocked and doesn't understand how NFL works. Yall remember when Jets were supposed to get #1 pick for Sam Darnold in 2018. Didn't happen because coaches and players don't tank. Miami won 7 games last year with pretty much same roster as this year. Do ya'll think Ryan "Struggles against Practice Squad and complains to coaches about Practice Squad players" Tannehill is going to be huge loss for Dolphins, that they go from #13 to #1 pick in 2020 Draft? Hell no lmao

I am rooting hard for Rosen, but he has very little talent around him. Your defense is lacking in talent as well.

Browns won 7 games in 2014 before the abomination years that happened afterwards.

Edited by candyman93

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I am rooting hard for Rosen, but he has very little talent around him. Your defense is lacking in talent as well.

Miami has decent group of pass catchers and DBs. The lines are the concerns. 

I think it's safe to say that the worst team will give up a bunch of points on defense. The last five teams to get the #1 pick were ranked 26th, 31st, 30th, 27th, & 25th respectively in PPG allowed. In many cases (Arizona for example) a stagnant and/or turnover-prone offense can exacerbate the problem (Arizona was ranked last in yards per drive & points per drive and 29th in turnovers per drive). 

With all this in mind, Miami is a great candidate. 

- 29th in yards per drive (27th defensively)
- 28th in points per drive (24th defensively)
- 22nd in turnovers per drive (adding a mistake-prone QB). Tannehill had 0.57 fumbles per game and an INT% of 2.6% compared to 0.71 & 3.6% for Rosen (career). Rosen should improve from those numbers, but even if he does it's still a concern.

Yes those were last years stats, but I could see them being similar, possibly worse depending on how Rosen/Fitzbeardrick perform. Not a good time for Dolphins fans.

Miami probably won't be the worst just because everyone expects them to be the worst, haha. Kind of like how everyone thought Buffalo would be the worst team last year but they weren't that bad. But really, Miami has been a team who I've had very low expectations for the past several seasons, and they consistently surpassed my expectations. Maybe a lot of that was Gase getting the most out of their talent, but it's hard to say. I think they'll be a bad team next year, but I think it's far from a sure thing that they'll be the worst.

On 5/22/2019 at 10:03 AM, ET80 said:

I think it'll be a team nobody is expecting. A team that looks good on paper (very good in some cases) but is kinda leaking at the seams. One dramatic loss early in the season... and it just spirals out of control. This time next season, this team will be on any "surprise contender" list because the talent is there to compete.

Potential candidates:

- Falcons

- Lions

- Broncos

- Texans

Teams that people could see as a 10+ win team, in essence.

For two of the four teams on your list, and likely three, it would take a major injury at QB to be in contention for the #1 pick. A Matt Ryan led team isn't going to finish the season with the worst record in the NFL. And if we're talking injuries, we might as well picks teams at random. 

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Browns won 7 games in 2014 before the abomination years that happened afterwards.

I'm not Dolphins fan lol but I am intrigued on how their building their team 

13 hours ago, Daniel said:

So...I'm starting the think it might be the 49ers who are the team that looked good til injuries wrecked them and put them at the bottom of the league.

They're dropping like flies.

That was the story last season, too.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Who would you guys even take? For what it's worth, I'm a big Dwayne Haskins fan.

My hope is to trade back with a team in love with Tua and get a great haul of future picks. Hopefully we wouldn’t trade too far back though, because I want us to have a shot at drafting Jeudy.  Perfect scenario for us if we can land him after trading back. 

• Like 2

On 5/24/2019 at 2:58 PM, DawgX said:

Miami probably won't be the worst just because everyone expects them to be the worst, haha. Kind of like how everyone thought Buffalo would be the worst team last year but they weren't that bad. But really, Miami has been a team who I've had very low expectations for the past several seasons, and they consistently surpassed my expectations. Maybe a lot of that was Gase getting the most out of their talent, but it's hard to say. I think they'll be a bad team next year, but I think it's far from a sure thing that they'll be the worst.

They have consistently outperformed their expectations, but regression to the mean is expected. They are 18-6 in one-score games the last 3 years, which is remarkable. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

They have consistently outperformed their expectations, but regression to the mean is expected. They are 18-6 in one-score games the last 3 years, which is remarkable. 

You can say this about every Miami team for the past 10 years. We've had 6-8 wins despite:

-Offensive lines consisting of Jonathan Martin, Dallas Thomas, John Jerry, and Tyson Clabo 

-WR group that featured Brian Hartline and Davone Bess.

-Tannehill being sacked 93 times in his first two seasons.

Its kinda remarkable that they've done this without a group of good coaches. Darren Rizzi, former special teams coach, and Dan Campbell, former TE coach, are the only coaches that I can think of that elevated their units. We literally just got rid of two guys, Coyle and Burke, responsible for two of the worst coached defenses in the history of the team. That's sorta my reasoning as to why I don't think this team will be as bad as most think; looks like they've finally amassed coaches who have a track-record for improving players/units.

I guess regression is to be expected but they haven't shown any indication that its going to happen.