Who will be the worst team in the NFL?

ClutchDJ

20 hours ago, Activated10 said:

I'm not Dolphins fan lol but I am intrigued on how their building their team 

Its an interesting process so far. We can't get a good read on the players that will start along the LOS, because of so much attrition, so its difficult to project what they want to do. Every other position besides OL and DL should be fine but those two are huge question marks. 

They're either betting on Rosen being the QB this year and going all out to improve the team in next year's free agency with a projected $100+ million in cap space and next year's draft with 10+ projected draft picks or doing everything in their power to get a top QB in next year's draft. According to some close within the organization, the owner, Stephen Ross, is fed up and wants the staff to do whatever it takes to get a good QB.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:12 AM, ClutchDJ said:

Fun answer seems to be Miami or Arizona, but I don’t think either will be. I honestly think it’ll be Cincy.

I like AJ Green(however, he *might* be leaving his prime sooner rather than later), Boyd is decent, & Mixon is good. Not that big of a fan anywhere else. I do like some of their young pieces on defense like Bates, WJIII, & Lawson, but despite all that(+ counting Dunlap/Atkins getting older), they were still on the backend on defensive rankings. I hated their draft, too.

I also believe they had the worst coaching hire, too.

1. Miami

2. Cinci

3. Bills

4. Jets.

The rest of the league has potential.  Those 4 teams should just tank and try to stack picks.

If you want to pick the worst team, find the team with a brutal divisional list where 1-5 is likely (or 0-6), and then look at a tough divisional draw, and tough matchups vs. the same-place teams from 2018.

Honestly, it makes both OAK & DEN big favorites, because:

-The AFCW faces the AFCS and NFCN.   DET is the only "soft" team from those 2 divisions, as the other 6 teams besides GB have literally been playoff teams last year, or division winners the year before, and both draw GB on the road for an early game.   

-DEN faces CLE & BUF as the 2 3rd place teams in the AFC, while OAK faces NYJ & CIN.  

-DEN has the distinction of a new QB, a new OC, and a new coaching staff putting in a new O and D scheme.   And a WR1 who's really iffy to come back to his former level of play.   OAK has the distinction of being awful last year, and frankly, while they had a ton of draft capital, they went more projection / future (which isn't a bad thing at all, but it's definitely worth considering when you talk about 2019).  

Honestly, if either team sweeps the other, it's not crazy to see an 0-6 AFCW record, given KC/LAC's advantage.   DEN won vs. LAC with a total gift game last year, Rivers & the play-calling literally gave the W back to DEN.  Likewise, OAK was soundly beaten by KC/LAC last year.    Add it up, I think whoever finishes last in the AFCW could have a top 3 pick, if not better, next year.   Our roster build is going pretty well

Edited by Broncofan

On 5/22/2019 at 2:25 PM, El ramster said:

Honestly wouldn't be shocked if it's Clev.. Much how the Giants loaded up and fell flat on their face....

? When was that? 

I would be completely shocked and amazed if the Browns sucked this year, and no freaking way are they the worst. They went 7-8-1 last year with less talent.

Miami is the obvious choice, but I think the Broncs or Lions may challenge.  Also never count out the Jets or Bills, who are so gifted for sucking. Good God no wonder NE wins that division every year lol. Temple could win that division again those 3 other teams most years.

58 minutes ago, bomont said:

? When was that? 

I would be completely shocked and amazed if the Browns sucked this year, and no freaking way are they the worst. They went 7-8-1 last year with less talent.

Miami is the obvious choice, but I think the Broncs or Lions may challenge.  Also never count out the Jets or Bills, who are so gifted for sucking. Good God no wonder NE wins that division every year lol. Temple could win that division again those 3 other teams most years.

He was just trolling and was probably thinking about the Eagles dream team.

As far as Cleveland actually loading up we upgraded one starter on offense and two on defense while downgrading 1 on offense and 1 on defense (I don't think Collins' loss will be a downgrade). I know it seems like they were more active than they were but it isn't like the team was built this year, just slightly adjusted.

Josh Rosen will be the first starting QB in NFL History to lead two different teams to the worst record in the NFL in back to back seasons. 

Josh Rosen will also be the first QB in History to have his two current teams pick a QB #1 Overall as the Dolphins pick Justin Herbert or Tua. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

He was just trolling and was probably thinking about the Eagles dream team.

As far as Cleveland actually loading up we upgraded one starter on offense and two on defense while downgrading 1 on offense and 1 on defense (I don't think Collins' loss will be a downgrade). I know it seems like they were more active than they were but it isn't like the team was built this year, just slightly adjusted.

You got some of the best talent in the league with potentially more in dirtbag Hunt. I don't mean to jinx them :) But anything less than a playoff spot would be a disappointment. 

On 2019-05-25 at 10:46 PM, Ajayii said:

Its an interesting process so far. We can't get a good read on the players that will start along the LOS, because of so much attrition, so its difficult to project what they want to do. Every other position besides OL and DL should be fine but those two are huge question marks. 

They're either betting on Rosen being the QB this year and going all out to improve the team in next year's free agency with a projected $100+ million in cap space and next year's draft with 10+ projected draft picks or doing everything in their power to get a top QB in next year's draft. According to some close within the organization, the owner, Stephen Ross, is fed up and wants the staff to do whatever it takes to get a good QB.

Stephen Ross should be fed up with having no franchise QB. This is Josh Rosen chance to shine and I believe he will. Also Jim Caldwell will help Rosen become great. 

3 hours ago, tom cody said:

The Bengals. I think they're on the way down big time. 

This might sound weird but I think depending on this year and how it goes, the Bengals should look to move AJ Green for assets for a rebuild. If they are bad and are in position to draft Herbert/Tua they could flip Green for some nice high picks to jumpstart a rebuild.

• Like 1

The Cards will be the worst team in the NFL AGAIN. It was already an uphill battle considering they are in a tough division and has the NFCS and AFCN which are tough to at the very least competitive divisions. They wont have the best player in PP for the first what 6 games on defense. That will make things even worst. Then how do we know Kingsbury will be any good even with his QB Murray? So until further notice Im saying the Cards will once again be the worst team in the NFL and will be picking 1st overall again next draft. The great news for them is they have a chance to trade the pick to a team who want to get Tua or some other QB and get a boatload of picks to really help build their team for the future to be a contender. 

19 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

This might sound weird but I think depending on this year and how it goes, the Bengals should look to move AJ Green for assets for a rebuild. If they are bad and are in position to draft Herbert/Tua they could flip Green for some nice high picks to jumpstart a rebuild.

I agree, they need a top tier QB of the future. Dalton's 32 this year so a QB of the future is a must. A guy like Green, if they trade him, could get a nice return as well. 

17 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The Cards will be the worst team in the NFL AGAIN. It was already an uphill battle considering they are in a tough division and has the NFCS and AFCN which are tough to at the very least competitive divisions. They wont have the best player in PP for the first what 6 games on defense. That will make things even worst. Then how do we know Kingsbury will be any good even with his QB Murray? So until further notice Im saying the Cards will once again be the worst team in the NFL and will be picking 1st overall again next draft. The great news for them is they have a chance to trade the pick to a team who want to get Tua or some other QB and get a boatload of picks to really help build their team for the future to be a contender. 

17 hours ago, Duluther said:

Kingsbury. As a big college fan, I didn’t even think he was good at the intermediate BCS level. I don’t like Murray at all. I see them going down in flames.

So...would Arizona nab Tua in that scenario?  Because three first round QBs in a row would be insane.