Who will be the worst team in the NFL?

ClutchDJ

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

If Arizona is the worst team in football WITH  Murray, Murray is not the answer, period. I mean, seriously who was the last team to be the worst team with a number 1 pick at QB?

Prolly Aikman and the '89 Cowboys?

Just now, FinSting said:

Prolly Aikman and the '89 Cowboys?

Tim Couch actually. They were the last team to pick a QB 1st overall and the year after 1st overall again. Might work out but I certainly wouldn't bet on it but there is no way Keim or whoever would replace him at that point could take another QB in 2020. So regardless Murray seems like a 2 year experiment at least, maybe even 3 years although it's safe to assume they would put T. Lawrence in 2021 if they are still the worst team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom cody said:

I agree, they need a top tier QB of the future. Dalton's 32 this year so a QB of the future is a must. A guy like Green, if they trade him, could get a nice return as well. 

Could easily fetch a mid-late 1st and a 3rd from a playoff team for Green. I can't imagine he himself wouldn't be open to it as well considering the Bengals might be headed for a tear down depending on how 2019 plays out.

Edit: apparently 2019 is Greens last year under contract anyways. Depending on how this year starts off, they might have to flip him at the deadline unless they are absolutely sure he is willing to resign after the season

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Tim Couch actually. They were the last team to pick a QB 1st overall and the year after 1st overall again. Might work out but I certainly wouldn't bet on it but there is no way Keim or whoever would replace him at that point could take another QB in 2020. So regardless Murray seems like a 2 year experiment at least, maybe even 3 years although it's safe to assume they would put T. Lawrence in 2021 if they are still the worst team.

Cool info. And then I thought about rookie Peyton Manning, his team went 3-13 which tied for last place in the NFL but all the widgets used to break up ties had them picking 4th the following year not 1st. And the team that picked 1st was the Browns who took Tim Couch. 

On 5/26/2019 at 7:47 PM, Broncofan said:

If you want to pick the worst team, find the team with a brutal divisional list where 1-5 is likely (or 0-6), and then look at a tough divisional draw, and tough matchups vs. the same-place teams from 2018.

Honestly, it makes both OAK & DEN big favorites, because:

-The AFCW faces the AFCS and NFCN.   DET is the only "soft" team from those 2 divisions, as the other 6 teams besides GB have literally been playoff teams last year, or division winners the year before, and both draw GB on the road for an early game.   

-DEN faces CLE & BUF as the 2 3rd place teams in the AFC, while OAK faces NYJ & CIN.  

-DEN has the distinction of a new QB, a new OC, and a new coaching staff putting in a new O and D scheme.   And a WR1 who's really iffy to come back to his former level of play.   OAK has the distinction of being awful last year, and frankly, while they had a ton of draft capital, they went more projection / future (which isn't a bad thing at all, but it's definitely worth considering when you talk about 2019).  

Honestly, if either team sweeps the other, it's not crazy to see an 0-6 AFCW record, given KC/LAC's advantage.   DEN won vs. LAC with a total gift game last year, Rivers & the play-calling literally gave the W back to DEN.  Likewise, OAK was soundly beaten by KC/LAC last year.    Add it up, I think whoever finishes last in the AFCW could have a top 3 pick, if not better, next year.   Our roster build is going pretty well

Yep. I don't think either team is that bad, but the division is tough. On the bright side, a top pick potentially means we get access to Chase Young at edge. 

On 2019-05-27 at 8:37 AM, BayRaider said:

Josh Rosen will be the first starting QB in NFL History to lead two different teams to the worst record in the NFL in back to back seasons. 

Josh Rosen will also be the first QB in History to have his two current teams pick a QB #1 Overall as the Dolphins pick Justin Herbert or Tua. 

This is not going to happen. Rosen will prove that he's a good QB. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He’s gonna have to. If Miami picks #1 they are certainly going QB. 

Miami won't be the #1, teams going into the season being the favorite of getting #1 pick hardly get the #1 pick. Rosen is also great fit for Dolphins offense as Caldwell and Oshea are running the offense. Caldwell coached Peyton and Oshea coaches Brady. Both high IQ and pure pocket passer and those are strengths for Rosen. Rosen might struggle early but by end of the season he's going to do well and give Dolphins fans hope. 

• Like 1