The 2021 NFL Draft is Headed to Cleveland

BobbyPhil1781

Just now, ET80 said:

Depending on how my shindig in Vegas goes for 2020, I could make a trip out to Cleveland...

@LETSGOBROWNIES, @MWil23? Either of you have a couch and grill to use? I have booze.

Booked my hotel for Vegas about a week after this draft. Rates were still reasonable for the strip. Not any more though! I cannot wait for this one.

• Like 1

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Booked my hotel for Vegas about a week after this draft. Rates were still reasonable for the strip. Not any more though! I cannot wait for this one.

I had a list of people who wanted to go, I'll have to dig that up.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Depending on how my shindig in Vegas goes for 2020, I could make a trip out to Cleveland...

@LETSGOBROWNIES, @MWil23? Either of you have a couch and grill to use? I have booze.

Both @LETSGOBROWNIES and I live in Southwest Ohio in suburbs of Dayton, so you'll still have a 3+ hour drive up there, but I'm always down to watch it. Obviously, since I'm an American, I have a grill.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I have a grill.

I can live w/o a couch (heck, it was the norm back from 2002-2006). This was non negotiable.

Do we have a smoker on hand? Might need to fly in a brisket.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I can live w/o a couch (heck, it was the norm back from 2002-2006). This was non negotiable.

Here in the great state of O-HI-O, lawn chairs and decks are what we do right.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Do we have a smoker on hand? Might need to fly in a brisket.

Unfortunately I'm Hank Hilling with "propane and propane accessories" it until I can save up for my Komodo. LetsGo may have one though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Here in the great state of O-HI-O, lawn chairs and decks are what we do right.

You try to sleep in a lawn chair in Texas, your bound to be burned alive by the sun, so this'll be interesting.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Unfortunately I'm Hank Hilling with "propane and propane accessories" it until I can save up for my Komodo. LetsGo may have one though. 

We've got time to find/borrow/steal a Big Green Egg...

Man does the NFL seem to be pushing Cleveland into the main stream or what?

I mean I'm happy for them... but when it comes to vacation spots for a draft, Cleveland isn't exactly on anyone's "must visit" lists.

That's not to say the turnout won't be great or anything. 

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Man does the NFL seem to be pushing Cleveland into the main stream or what?

I mean I'm happy for them... but when it comes to vacation spots for a draft, Cleveland isn't exactly on anyone's "must visit" lists.

That's not to say the turnout won't be great or anything. 

But that's where moving the draft is brilliant.   You can go to cities like Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh,  etc. that will never host a Superbowl, and honor their fans and their city.   Hope it isn't 30 degrees, though. :)

• Like 1