Chad Thomas Haters come on in

mistakey

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

will there be a heaping of crow for chad thomas haters next year?
dawg pound hates the guy.  would love to see it.

I hope that I'm wrong on him, especially considering I was pushing for Sam Hubbard instead.

I have no problem eating a huge helping of crow, right Baker Mayfield?????

• Like 2

I’ve been critical of what he’s done thus far (or more accurately, hasn’t done) but it was always possible, and probable, he would improve.

Ima need to see him actually do it on game day. And being a top reserve in OTA year 2 isn’t gonna make a believer of me just yet.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve been critical of what he’s done thus far (or more accurately, hasn’t done) but it was always possible, and probable, he would improve.

Ima need to see him actually do it on game day. And being a top reserve in OTA year 2 isn’t gonna make a believer of me just yet.

yeah i mainly started this thread cause im bored and i want to see buno go full buno

• Like 8

How about Josh Jones haters.  Are we allowed in here?  I like Thomas, and I think he should make a good step forward this year without Greg Williams to interfere.   He reminds of Coach Penn(aka Denis Leary) from Draft Day.  "I hate rookies".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomahawk said:

How about Josh Jones haters.  Are we allowed in here?  I like Thomas, and I think he should make a good step forward this year without Greg Williams to interfere.   He reminds of Coach Penn(aka Denis Leary) from Draft Day.  "I hate rookies".

You're allowed in until we trade for him.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

You're allowed in until we trade for him.

I should clarify...... I don't hate him.  I hate the idea of trading more than a 6th or 7th to get him.  I don't know enough about the kid to have a thoroughly informed opinion.  However it took 3 injuries for him to get a start.  Tells me something is off with his effort or play. 

The hate for Thomas is mostly ridiculous, simple, irrational, and in my opinion based on a lack of knowledge and awareness regarding typical developmental trajectories for rookies, 3rd round picks, and/or rookie 3rd round picks coming off surgery missing the vast majority of their first off-season (conditioning on field and live reps).

I loved the draft selection because of the player Thomas proved on the field in college with active, violent, heavy hands, burst and flexibility around the corner.

The hate for Thomas flows from 5 main places:

1.) Draft reactions like, " I never heard that name and tv personalities say it's a reach" -- OR -- " I heard of that name, but not in the 3rd round so I don't like it."

2.) He's not a football-robot but a diverse musical prodigy that loves to GASP!!!!!! express his creativity through music in his off time. People equate his love for music creation as well as having surgery and missing time to a lack of love for the game. The same people thought Myles' poetry and ankle injuries spoke to how soft or not all in on football Myles was. No one criticizing has likely had double hernia surgery or had to play through two hernia's. 

3.) He didn't see the field and when he did he struggles as a 3-tech inside transitioning to a position he was unfamiliar with... when he didn't play his nonplay justified people's original negative opinion of Chad.

4.) Chad tweets fans who criticize him for being injured and not having an active rookie season who think they own him to " get a life."

5.) People have miserable lives.

----------------------------------------------

The film and the quality of person justified the pick. Playing through double hernias all year. He's tough. Will be interesting to see if he can get reps behind our main guys.

Edited by Mind Character

31 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

The hate for Thomas is mostly ridiculous, simple, irrational, and in my opinion based on a lack of knowledge and awareness regarding typical developmental trajectories for rookies, 3rd round picks, and/or rookie 3rd round picks coming off surgery missing the vast majority of their first off-season (conditioning on field and live reps).

I loved the draft selection because of the player Thomas proved on the field in college with active, violent, heavy hands, burst and flexibility around the corner.

The hate for Thomas flows from 5 main places:

1.) Draft reactions like, " I never heard that name and tv personalities say it's a reach" -- OR -- " I heard of that name, but not in the 3rd round so I don't like it."

2.) He's not a football-robot but a diverse musical prodigy that loves to GASP!!!!!! express his creativity through music in his off time. People equate his love for music creation as well as having surgery and missing time to a lack of love for the game. The same people thought Myles' poetry and ankle injuries spoke to how soft or not all in on football Myles was. No one criticizing has likely had double hernia surgery or had to play through two hernia's. 

3.) He didn't see the field and when he did he struggles as a 3-tech inside transitioning to a position he was unfamiliar with... when he didn't play his nonplay justified people's original negative opinion of Chad.

4.) Chad tweets fans who criticize him for being injured and not having an active rookie season who think they own him to " get a life."

5.) People have miserable lives.

----------------------------------------------

The film and the quality of person justified the pick. Playing through double hernias all year. He's tough. Will be interesting to see if he can get reps behind our main guys.

Sounds like a can’t miss pick then.

38 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Image result for jackie chiles gif

• Like 5