Redskins Sign ILB Bostic

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He's pretty slow.  Honestly I would be surprised if he makes the roster, we already have a guy like him in Mason Foster.  

Pretty much what I thought . He's been on what - four or five teams mostly as a back up/ sometimes starter .  

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Pretty much what I thought . He's been on what - four or five teams mostly as a back up/ sometimes starter .  

It's what's available at this time of the year. They wanted someone who they could conceivably plug in right away but at the same time are hoping gets beat out for the job by one of the young guys.

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

It's what's available at this time of the year. They wanted someone who they could conceivably plug in right away but at the same time are hoping gets beat out for the job by one of the young guys.

I understand that ! The first few comments sounded like we'd signed **** Butkus :P

Darn, system wiped out his first name . Also a name for male genitalia -Big Brother !

Edited by RSkinGM

4.61 forty time, certainly not a blazer but not exactly slow either for a Mike LB. Mason Foster’s 40-time is 4.75 by comparison...

He has experience in multiple systems in the NFL and has worked under some great coaches. He’s no pro bowler but as Woz said it’s May, there aren’t going to be any pro bowlers available. He’s a reliable vet. 

He started 14 games for Indy in 2017 and 14 games for the Steelers last year.

I don’t know what people are crying about... they’re making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Edited by turtle28

14 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I understand that ! The first few comments sounded like we'd signed **** Butkus :P

He’s started 28 games the last two seasons. It’s not like we’re re-signing Zach Vigil or Will Compton.

I don’t see one post where someone is saying he’s a pro bowler let alone comparing him to a Hall of Famer.

Saying he’s been a solid vet LB or he was above average the last two years is far from calling him a great player.

Edited by turtle28

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s started 28 games the last two seasons. It’s not like we’re re-signing Zach Vigil or Will Compton.

I don’t see one post where someone is saying he’s a pro bowler let alone comparing him to a Hall of Famer.

Saying he’s been a solid vet LB or he was above average the last two years is far from calling him a great player.

Geez, Turtle . I thought the hyperbole was obvious . 

• Like 1

Probably the best option out there. Its way better than freakin Will Compton. I think this is a solid signing. He's actually decent in pass coverage and can shed blocks fairly well. He is a bit slow, but that dont mean he cant play defense. 

• Like 1