Redskins Sign ILB Bostic

On 5/23/2019 at 7:51 AM, Woz said:

It's what's available at this time of the year. They wanted someone who they could conceivably plug in right away but at the same time are hoping gets beat out for the job by one of the young guys.

What we need is someone to cut one of their stud LB’s for some inexplicable reason. Where’s Chip Kelley when you need him? I guess I’d settle for Gettleman cutting Olgetree. 

• Like 3

On 5/25/2019 at 10:27 AM, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

What we need is someone to cut one of their stud LB’s for some inexplicable reason. Where’s Chip Kelley when you need him? I guess I’d settle for Gettleman cutting Olgetree. 

At the same time, having Bostic now is better than waiting for a better player in say mid August. Yes, said "stud" might be better than anyone in Ashburn right now (probable even). However, it's a "bird in the hand" scenario for both Bostic and the other linebackers. They learn everyone's tendencies and reactions. It's not ideal, but then again our ILB corps leaves a lot to be desired in general.

• 2 months later...