Redskins and Scherff working on contract extension

turtle28

On 6/4/2019 at 9:57 AM, Skins212689 said:

Peterson got 1000 yards behind the Oline despite the injuries. Getting Guice on the field this year will be a huge addition as well. The team has the talent to dominate up front on both sides when healthy and Scherff plays a huge part of that on the Oline. He is worth the money if you actually want to win, know how to build a team, and understand how this will positively effect the future of your Franchise QB and RB. 

Peterson got most of those yards running behind Scherff. When Scherff went down, our running game went down with it. I agree, he must be retained.

Edited by turtle28

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2019 at 6:23 AM, turtle28 said:

Peterson got most of those yards running behind Scherff. When Scherff went down, our running game went down with it. I agree, he must be retained.

He will want top 3 money at the guard position. Too much?

27 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

He will want top 3 money at the guard position. Too much?

Pay the man! You have to think that Norman will probably be gone after this year. Use that money on schereff. And if the insurance policy thing on Alex Smith is true then cut him and use it

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 3:18 PM, LoganF89 said:

If my numbers are correct after this season we will have 35 mil in cap space next year. If you cut josh norman and Paul Richardson that will jump to 50 mil. They will have the money

i believe we can cut smith next season also

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i believe we can cut smith next season also

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think it's after 2020...

I think it’s after 2020 as well but if the insurance policy thing is true we could cut him after the season but take I believe a 10 mil cap hit

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I think it’s after 2020 as well but if the insurance policy thing is true we could cut him after the season but take I believe a 10 mil cap hit

I don’t think the insurance impacts the cap hit at all it just saves mr Snyder some money. 

29 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t think the insurance impacts the cap hit at all it just saves mr Snyder some money. 

Not sure about that.  At least according to OTC:

There is some relief that would come the Redskins way if Smith can not play. Per JI Halsell, the Redskins did take out a $12 million insurance policy on Smith when they signed the contract. If Smith is unable to complete his contract due to the injury the $12 million will be paid to Washington.  This reimbursement is going to give Washington salary cap relief but in my experience there is usually a delay in getting those cap credits meaning they usually come in future years so I don’t expect the $12 million to offset anything significant in 2019. 

https://overthecap.com/the-redskins-options-with-alex-smith/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Eh, I don't blame them. The fact that they had anything was nice. 

Except then you remember they should never have traded for him in the first place, and then once they did the contract they gave him was an egregious fireable offense.

• Like 2