Redskins and Scherff working on contract extension

turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not paying Scherff and creating a giant hole in the offensive line would just be stupid. 

While I agree, he is going to want absolute top dollar considering how the cap could exponentially explode in a few years.  Before that time though, this team is still handcuffed by the Alex Smith contract.  

If they could use the money from Scherff to instead shore up the revolving door at LG, while downgrading some at RG, that's where I want to spend the money.  Spending top money for a guard is a fool's play right now.  If anything, the franchise tag is their best bet.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

While I agree, he is going to want absolute top dollar considering how the cap could exponentially explode in a few years.  Before that time though, this team is still handcuffed by the Alex Smith contract.  

If they could use the money from Scherff to instead shore up the revolving door at LG, while downgrading some at RG, that's where I want to spend the money.  Spending top money for a guard is a fool's play right now.  If anything, the franchise tag is their best bet.  

Do you trust them to fix LG and RG when they haven’t been able to fix LG for nearly 10 years? 

• Like 1

this is a really dumb discussion. you have a top 3 caliber guard up for a contract. with a probowl and all pro tackle that may or may not show up to camp and possibly wants a trade. with a rookie QB who is supposed to be the future of this franchise.

no doubt in my mi9nd you pat him. protect your investment in haskins

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 7:22 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Why create a hole at RG by letting a pro bowl RG go who you drafted 5th overall in the hope and prayer in Bruce Allen that he’ll then agree to address both RG & LG to the point that RG isn’t that much worse and LG is good?

It makes more sense to me to pay Scherff. Continue to develop Martin and RossP and if it doesn’t look like they’ll be anything more than back ups draft a LG in the first 5 rounds again next year. I have to imagine by next year though either Martin or Ross P will look good enough to start and I hope it happens this September but from all reports it doesn’t seem that will happen like the way we had hoped it would.