Sign in to follow this  
TheKillerNacho

Saints bring in veteran OLs Marshall Newhouse, Ryan Groy; release Derek Newton

O-Line depth is what hurt our offense bad starting the second half of the season last year. 

Newton was on the team last year, you’d think  he’s got a leg up in this competition 

16 minutes ago, Dome said:

O-Line depth is what hurt our offense bad starting the second half of the season last year. 

Newton was on the team last year, you’d think  he’s got a leg up in this competition 

They released Newton

27 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

They released Newton

Yeah like I said he’s probably the odd man out. :ph34r:

When you get cut to bring in Marshall Newhouse it's a pretty good sign your career is coming to a close.

Too bad for Newton, but at least he squeezed out 7 years on the 53-man roster (last year didn't count since he was on the PS only IIRC), so he'll get pension and medical benefits, he'll need them.  

Newhouse and Groy? I pray for Brees and the Saints that neither has to see the field ever.

54 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Newhouse and Groy? I pray for Brees and the Saints that neither has to see the field ever.

I came to post exact same thing lol

13 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Newton never recovered after tearing both his patella tendons in 2017.

Think it was 2016, when he was on the Texans. Von Miller bull rushed him so hard, both tendons snapped.

He was inconsistent, but he was starting to find his game that year. Kinda figured then it was the end of the road for him.

Given that, I'd give him a call if he could pass a physical. Coaches loved his work ethic, was a good locker room guy and dependable vet.