2019 Green Bay Packers offseason - OTAs/minicamps

Shanedorf

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I would be curious to know what measurement technique they are using to get their body fat percentage.

The easily accessible techniques can be wildly inaccurate, so the number ends of being more brag than fact.

They didn't use anything to measure it. Lol that's what they did

• Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 11:19 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Jones is not 5 percent body fat, come the hell on. That would be absolutely idiotic. 

Jones should be around 11% body fat.

I did not say that, I was referencing that he is borderline competition body fat percentage.

On 5/30/2019 at 11:36 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Aaron Jones isn't the Total Package.  Come on now.

L5VR0IR.gif

I didn't know we were posting pictures of old GB guards.  Yes. Lawrence Pfol aka Lex Luger wore #66 in training camp a long, long time ago before it was retired.  Thinking it was around 1982 and he ended up on IR for the year and never made the roster.  

On 6/1/2019 at 10:23 AM, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

I did not say that, I was referencing that he is borderline competition body fat percentage.

Being body building competition levels of body fat is terrible for a RB and also speaks very poorly of his prep work this off-season if that's the case.

Which, Thank God, it isn't.

I just skimmed through the OTA practice photos.  Jones' arms look more vascular, but there is no way he is at a competition bodybuilder level of body fat.  I would doubt that he has the lowest body fat percentage on the team even.  Tony Brown (I think it is Tony Brown) was showing off his abs, and you have 6'1 188 Trevor Davis running around.

Also from the photos.  Billy Turner is a huge dude, always looks like the biggest guy in the photo.  Deshone Kizer is a lot bigger than Aaron Rodgers.  

Packers working Cole Madison at OG and Center

Green Bay Packers offensive lineman Cole Madison is still getting comfortable in the offseason workout program after missing his entire rookie season while dealing with a personal issue away from the game.

Offensive line coach Adam Stenavich said Madison has been playing guard and center and is slowly but surely getting reacclimated to football.

“You can tell he’s been gone for a year from the game,” Stenavich said. “There’s some things that he’s gotta improve on. But he’s doing a good job. We’re asking him to do a lot of things, we’re putting a lot on his plate with guard and center, and he’s handled it pretty well. At first his head was kind of spinning. You can see as we go on he’s getting more and more comfortable. Hopefully by the time training camp rolls around, he’ll be rolling.”

usatsi_12791130.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

"Linebacker James Crawford wasn’t even in Green Bay at this time last year.

In fact, he didn’t arrive until Aug. 8, no less than 10 practices into training camp and the day before the first preseason game.

Yet Crawford, an undrafted rookie from Illinois in 2018, still managed to make the 53-man roster out of camp by proving to be a quick study on special teams. Practically overnight, he became a dynamo in the game’s third phase, leading the Packers in an otherwise down year on special teams with 13 coverage tackles and a fumble recovery.  In that context, it comes as no surprise that with a full offseason to learn defensive coordinator Mike Pettine’s playbook, and get snaps on the practice field throughout OTAs, that Crawford is starting to show up again..."

https://www.packers.com/news/inside-knowledge-helping-james-crawford

s8zo2gojzbtwclgcdenf.jpg

• Like 1

It was just one play in an OTA, but it was the kind of play that didn’t happen last year nearly often enough.

The biggest offensive highlight on Tuesday at Clarke Hinkle Field occurred when Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers fired a pass down the middle to tight end Jimmy Graham, who had a half step or so on outside linebacker Preston Smith. Fully stretched out, Graham hauled it in and kept his feet for what would have been a monster gain.

https://www.packers.com/news/aaron-rodgers-sees-new-offense-fitting-jimmy-graham

“Coming off of last season, it’s important to get him going and feeling comfortable in the offense,” Rodgers said after practice. “I think this offense sets up really good for him. It gives him opportunities to win with his routes and then situations like (today), to win with his athletic ability and his speed.
“He has a tremendous catch radius, which you saw on that play, because the ball was pretty inside. He made a great catch on it.”

pwwfxwmoe9cpuadfyqsx.jpg