2019 Green Bay Packers offseason - OTAs/minicamps

Shanedorf

On 6/14/2019 at 12:24 PM, vegas492 said:

Not sure how it is a "strawman" argument when LeFleur's second leading receiver (catches) last year was Dion Lewis.

Now...seeing the other side of it, they lost Walker early.  And outside of Corey Davis (who is quite young), I can't name you another WR they have off the top of my head.  So, maybe that number was out of necessity.

I feel like our WR's/TE's are better than theirs.  Hopefully MLF does as well and will tailor his offense to the talent that is on the roster.  

Tajae Sharpe...

Anyway, Aaron Jones can fill the Dion Lewis role in MLF's offense and I suspect that Jamaal Williams will get his fair chance to showcase his ability to be a complete back as well.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:19 PM, Shanedorf said:

my thoughts as well
I don't think we can use the Titans offense as a barometer of how the AR-led  Packers will deploy the RB's in the passing game

Such was the case with McCarthy coming over from SF. He had Alex Smith, Frank Gore, an aged Johnnie Morton, Brandon Lloyd, several rookies along the OL(who didn't exactly pan out), and a bunch of JAG's in 2005.

On 6/14/2019 at 6:29 PM, Shanedorf said:

In the organized team activities, the Packers elected to give center reps to Justin McCray, Lucas Patrick and Cole Madison instead of second-round pick Elgton Jenkins, who played that position exclusively for two years at Mississippi State.

Ahh the season of experimentation. Looks like MLF wants his OL to be as interchangeable as his WR's.

From PackersWire

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/27/packers-rb-jamaal-williams-excited-to-showcase-versatility-in-new-offense/

USATSI_11892676-e1545603685671.jpg?w=100

Aaron Jones might be the perfect fit at running back in the new Green Bay Packers offense, but Jamaal Williams believes he’ll also benefit from Matt LaFleur’s scheme in 2019. The third-year running back is confident the new offense will allow him to showcase more of his versatility.

“It’s good for me,” Williams said during the offseason workout program. “It finally shows I can get the ball in the open field, I can run some routes, run some choice routes … it really shows I can do more than just run the ball. I can run the ball, I catch it, everyone knows I can block.
It’s really going to emphasize my other two skills.”

Williams redistributed weight during the offseason. He now weighs 218, up from his listed weight of 213.
And he wants to be at least 220, while still feeling light on his feet.

24 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

per twitter:

Geronimo Allison scored the first touchdown of the Packers’ 2018 season.

Who will score the first TD of the 2019 season ?
If you guess correctly, you may or may not get a cool or not cool prize from Norm. Or not.

Danny big arms vitale

53 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

per twitter:

If you guess correctly, you may or may not get a cool or not cool prize from Norm. Or not.

Aaron jones

7 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

per twitter:

Gonna run it back and say Allison

12 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

per twitter:

Deshone Kizer

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

per twitter:

MVS.

17 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

per twitter:

LOL at every other choice that isn't Davante.  I"ll take him for the win!

Edited by vegas492
I can't grammar....

Regarding the first score of the season....
Does MLF come from the "defer" the opening kickoff school of thought,  or will he put his offense on the field to start a game ?

If he defers, then I think Trubisky  -- >  King / Alexander for the 1st TD of the year has a non-zero chance and would start the 2019 season with a BANG