2019 Green Bay Packers offseason - OTAs/minicamps

Shanedorf

From Andy Herman twitter:

Great pass breakup from Josh Jackson on a little inside hitch route. Really nice coverage on a corner route by Ka’Dar Hollman. Kenny Clark penetrates inside on an inside run play. Jones eludes him, not sure he would have if the pads were on.

More team red zone drills. Hell yes. Let’s go. Fake reverse, Rodgers hits Adams in the flat, Savage is all over it. Second team defense stops a run easily... right in the middle of it... Rashan Gary. Jimmy Graham in for a td on a pass from Tim Boyle on a rollout.

Preston Smith beautifully sets the edge on an outside run. Aaron Jones with a very Aaron Jones-esque run inside with a bounce outside. Rodgers to Davante back corner end zone td pass. Beautiful throw. Davante beat Tramon.

Rashan Gary making his presence known. First with the speed rush around DBak and now with the power move through Billy Turner. No pads but it’s EXACTLY what you want to be seeing. Shoulder looks just fine btw.

Rashan Gary beats DBakh around the edge for what would’ve been a sack, pure explosiveness

24 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

From Andy Herman twitter: 

Rashan Gary making his presence known. First with the speed rush around DBak and now with the power move through Billy Turner. No pads but it’s EXACTLY what you want to be seeing. Shoulder looks just fine btw.

Rashan Gary beats DBakh around the edge for what would’ve been a sack, pure explosiveness.

Vs Bak? I know it's OTAs, but Please Lord let this continue from Gary.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2019 at 10:51 AM, Dubz41 said:

Kizer is a year younger than Boyle.  Kizer looked like Rodgers last year, neither was really impressive, but Kizer is only 23 and has quite a few snaps under his belt.  He's a plus athlete and if he doesn't work out at QB try him at TE he's got the size.

KIzer looked like Rodgers last year? Kizer played in 9 series last year and we turned the ball over in 4 of them (2 INTs, 1 fumble and a turn over in downs).  His pick 6 against Chicago scored more points for the opposing defense than he was able to put on the board for our offense.  I know the hatred for Aaron Rodgers runs deeps for a few but I don't see how any educated football fan could say that Kizer looked like Rodgers last year.  

If he's not making the team as a QB then the weight needs to be cut.  While athletic for a QB, he doesn't have the size or athletism to play TE.  Not sure there is such thing as a small TE in the league that's a bottom tier athlete for the position.  

5 minutes ago, SSG said:

KIzer looked like Rodgers last year? Kizer played in 9 series last year and we turned the ball over in 4 of them (2 INTs, 1 fumble and a turn over in downs).  His pick 6 against Chicago scored more points for the opposing defense than he was able to put on the board for our offense.  I know the hatred for Aaron Rodgers runs deeps for a few but I don't see how any educated football fan could say that Kizer looked like Rodgers last year.  

If he's not making the team as a QB then the weight needs to be cut.  While athletic for a QB, he doesn't have the size or athletism to play TE.  Not sure there is such thing as a small TE in the league that's a bottom tier athlete for the position.  

Not that it's even worth the time to try to reason with you, but I was replying to a comment about pocket awareness.  Rodgers didn't seem to have much awareness last year.  I don't hate him, but he should shoulder his share of the blame.  Kizer actually moved the ball, but made two huge turnovers.  Like I referenced, he's a year younger than Boyle he does have athleticism (not sure what athletism is) and could easily add to his 6'4" 235 pound frame.

Don't worry, I won't unblock you again.  Can already tell this was fruitless.

• Like 1

Raven Greene, an undrafted safety who made the roster in 2018, surprised by playing some snaps as a hybrid linebacker Wednesday. It’s a spot in the defense previously occupied by Morgan Burnett, Josh Jones and Jermaine Whitehead, among others.

• Like 1

“It’s something I learned from Rex (Ryan) a long time ago,” Pettine said. “You have to have guys winning inside. Even if you have great edge rushers, great speed rush, if the pocket’s not collapsed, it’s a clean pocket to step up into. It’s paramount that you have guys that can win inside.”

“That’s where it starts. It starts up front. People talk about the exterior pass rush, I think the interior pass rush is as important or maybe potentially more important,” Pettine said. “If you can be dominant inside, I think that has a ripple effect throughout your defense.”

Lots more in the article from PackersWire

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/29/interior-pressure-will-still-power-packers-pass-rush-in-2019/

Edited by Shanedorf

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Get used to that from MVS @Outpost31 

I'm gonna try to double down here and be two for two: There is no way in HELL Jace Sternberger is going to have 500 receiving yards in his rookie year.  Only blah and so and x and y have ever done that. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm gonna try to double down here and be two for two: There is no way in HELL Jace Sternberger is going to have 500 receiving yards in his rookie year.  Only blah and so and x and y have ever done that. 

You can't fake a reverse jinx.

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Rashan Gary making his presence known. First with the speed rush around DBak and now with the power move through Billy Turner. No pads but it’s EXACTLY what you want to be seeing. Shoulder looks just fine btw

Knew he was a bust!!!!

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Vs Bak? I know it's OTAs, but Please Lord let this continue from Gary.

One of the reasons I was so glad we got Gary and not like Detroit is that Gary is precisely the kind of rusher Bakh has the most trouble with- long speed-to-power guys.  We'd hate him if we had to play him 2x per year.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Now say Gary will have no sacks

please be right somehow Andy

• Like 2