2019 Green Bay Packers offseason - OTAs/minicamps

Shanedorf

I got down to 11% body fat years ago when I was in my 30's(I'm now 48), but never looked cut up like an athlete. If they're carrying 11% body fat, it's all in the stomach and buttocks, not necessarily in the arms or legs.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

From PackersWire:

“I’m just excited to be out there this year. [LaFleur] is going to marry the run and the pass game up. We’re going to rely on the run,” Jones said at his locker Wednesday.

last fall, former Packer Ryan Grant revealed that during his time in Washington, the Redskins spent more time in one practice on the running game than the Packers did in an entire week of preparation under McCarthy.

Oddly enough, LaFleur was the quarterbacks coach during Grant’s time in Washington in 2012. LaFleur will undoubtedly adopt a similar style to what former Redskins coach Mike Shanahan employed; an outside zone-heavy running scheme.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/30/packers-rb-aaron-jones-sheds-light-on-more-balanced-offense-in-2019/

YASS MATT! You SHOW that sorry McCarthy how to coach (and he's new at it) -!! B|

Is 11% of my body is fat the same thing as 11% body fat? A friend wants to know.

Also, I am really excited to hear that the running game might be a thing. It was always nice to see Aaron Jones gash the opponent for a 12 yard gain, but such plays stood alone in the past as if they were kind of an unintended accident on the way to our next punt.

From PackersWire
Coach Mike Smith exerting his influence on Packers OLBs

The emphasis is clear:
Packers want to force more fumbles in 2019. “I’m a big believer in it and you’re going to see– in all my drills– stressing get the ball out,” Smith said in January.

“With today’s rules, you can’t hit the quarterback low, you can’t hit him high, can’t put your weight on him. It’s tough. Our big thing last year was get the ball out.”

Dee Ford led the NFL with seven forced fumbles last season. Justin Houston wasn’t far behind with five.

“The big thing here is getting the ball out,” Gary said. “That’s been preached to me since I got in the door. Every day before we go out to practice, they tell us, ‘Keep your mind on the ball, keep your mind on the ball.’ So I feel like the more you get the ball out, the more you’re around the ball, the more plays happen that change the game.”

Edited by Shanedorf

22 minutes ago, Joe said:

I got down to 11% body fat years ago when I was in my 30's(I'm now 48), but never looked cut up like an athlete. If they're carrying 11% body fat, it's all in the stomach and buttocks, not necessarily in the arms or legs.

Everybody is built differently. If a person is 11% body fat and doesn't look "cut up like an athlete", it probably just means that person doesn't have much muscle mass. 

I listened to all of the defensive coaches last week. This week, I listened to all of the offensive coaches. 

Going in, the young offensive staff and the young GM and personnel staff... I had questions. But I was going to keep an open mind.

i’m gonna go ahead and say, i’m optimistic right now. All of the coaches call Gute, Gutey. So they’re all clearly close to each other. Pettine specifically mentioned being on the same page as Gutey, and so has Lafleur. From top down, I feel like there is great understanding and communication. As good as tt was at finding talent, in hindsight, now that the communication is so good and you can hear it, I look back and see how it wasn’t always with Ted. 

The next thing I notice, and this might be even more contrasting to McCarthys regime, is the assistants and Pettine all seem more empowered, excited, engaged and inspired. The offensive coaches do talk about making sure they’re carrying Matt’s message, but I get this coaching staff feels a greater sense of ownership and enthusiasm. Lafleur also seems very approachable in that I hear him just admit he didn’t think of something or maybe doesn’t know. I get the sense people feel safe and comfortable to contribute with him. 

McCarthy/Thompson, I get the feeling the communication started and stopped with MM. he controlled every voice. Now, I feel like it’s a whole trust built team where everyone communicates and as a group get on the same page. It leads to what looks like greater enthusiasm, ownership and passion. 

I’m going to say now, I’m a fan of what’s going on. I’m warming up to Lafleur and I think Gute is just an incredible personal guy and all around good dude that everyone wants to work with. I’m excited. 

My last question is Aaron’s stubbornness. He already said he’s going to come in and put his stamp and creativity on Lafleurs offense. I really hope he doesn’t keep changing runs to passes and running the show. I hope he implements Lafeurs tempo changes instead of trying to nit pick at the line on every play. Sometimes just get up there and snap the ball has its own charm in keeping the defense off balance. So I hope Aaron can adjust some. We won’t know till a few games in. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

That is less than that, mostly skin and bone.

Elite body builders are between 3 to 8 for competitions. So Jones is doing really good.

Jones is not 5 percent body fat, come the hell on. That would be absolutely idiotic. 

Jones should be around 11% body fat.