Jump to content
MKnight82

MKnight82's Top 20 Most Talented Redskins of 2019 - #5 & 6 Up

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

For those keeping score, of the 10 listed, two are ridiculously injury prone, four have never played a down of pro football, and one is a first round bust. 

Edited by Jeezy Fanatic
Missed the Sweat Post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

#11 - OLB Montez Sweat

I'm projecting Sweat to have 12 sacks this year, which would break Brian Orakpo's Redskins rookie sack record.  

That'd be great. I'm leaning more towards like 8.5 to 9, which would still be swell in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 3:37 PM, MKnight82 said:

giphy.gif 

Where is everyone?  Serious lack of responses in this thread.  

I'm just waiting to see where you have slotted Moreland. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That'd be great. I'm leaning more towards like 8.5 to 9, which would still be swell in my book.

I’ll hope for the over but bet on the under

This is a great but very depressing thread. 

donghae-sad-reality.gif

Edited by Doc Draper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's alot of Potential talent though on the Bright side!! These guys are YOUNG and can still IMPROVE!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 12:34 PM, MKnight82 said:

ClassicWellwornDairycow-size_restricted.

Lorenzo Alexander was a Great Special Team guy here but went to the Bills and made the Pro Bowl! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tricky thing about this list is that “talented” term. 

Does it mean talent in terms of natural ability — physical gifts, raw skillset, potential/upside, etc? I feel like lots of times when we think of the word “talent,” we think of what someone is capable of doing, not necessarily limiting it to just what they’re actually doing here and now. 

If that’s the case, I think some of these younger (not yet proven) guys like Sweat and Haskins and Guice have more raw talent than many of the guys who are/will be listed ahead of them, like Ioannidis and Moses, for example. Jordan Reed, same thing, he’s got more pure talent than some of these other guys. 

But I guess if we’re considering “talent” to be just a measure of natural ability — and not focusing mostly on their likely contribution to the Redskins in 2019 — then we’d probably have to say that Adrian Peterson and Vernon Davis rank highest in “pure talent,” even if the years have diminished their abilities and they’re no longer nearly as productive. 

 

So if we’re talking about how much we think they’ll contribute to the Redskins in 2019, I think I’d move Guice up the list a fair amount. I’d have Thompson (and Peterson, if he’s in the top 10) below Guice, personally. I’d also have Thompson below Reed, as they’re both tremendously injury prone, but I consider Reed to be the more impactful player when healthy. 

I like those placements for Sweat and Dunbar in terms of 2019 impact. Both still have some proving to do, but there’s plenty of reason in both cases to think they can be significant contributors. I hope you’re right about Doctson,  but I just don’t see it. A list like this definitely does highlight the lack of offensive weapons, and it also reminds that the loss of Reuben Foster for the year hurts us in terms of our already limited blue-chip talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 10:14 AM, Skins212689 said:

Lorenzo Alexander was a Great Special Team guy here but went to the Bills and made the Pro Bowl! 

If we hadn’t drafted Kerrigan in 2011, Zo may have ended up being our long term option at LOLB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 1:10 PM, e16bball said:

The tricky thing about this list is that “talented” term. 

Does it mean talent in terms of natural ability — physical gifts, raw skillset, potential/upside, etc? I feel like lots of times when we think of the word “talent,” we think of what someone is capable of doing, not necessarily limiting it to just what they’re actually doing here and now. 

If that’s the case, I think some of these younger (not yet proven) guys like Sweat and Haskins and Guice have more raw talent than many of the guys who are/will be listed ahead of them, like Ioannidis and Moses, for example. Jordan Reed, same thing, he’s got more pure talent than some of these other guys. 

But I guess if we’re considering “talent” to be just a measure of natural ability — and not focusing mostly on their likely contribution to the Redskins in 2019 — then we’d probably have to say that Adrian Peterson and Vernon Davis rank highest in “pure talent,” even if the years have diminished their abilities and they’re no longer nearly as productive. 

 

So if we’re talking about how much we think they’ll contribute to the Redskins in 2019, I think I’d move Guice up the list a fair amount. I’d have Thompson (and Peterson, if he’s in the top 10) below Guice, personally. I’d also have Thompson below Reed, as they’re both tremendously injury prone, but I consider Reed to be the more impactful player when healthy. 

I like those placements for Sweat and Dunbar in terms of 2019 impact. Both still have some proving to do, but there’s plenty of reason in both cases to think they can be significant contributors. I hope you’re right about Doctson,  but I just don’t see it. A list like this definitely does highlight the lack of offensive weapons, and it also reminds that the loss of Reuben Foster for the year hurts us in terms of our already limited blue-chip talent. 

I always think of “talent” as a persons ceiling/potential but most in this forum seem to think of what the player will actually do currently. That’s why there’s always disagreements 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be a lean year but the hope is that we see the talent in our young players to project better days in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

If we hadn’t drafted Kerrigan in 2011, Zo may have ended up being our long term option at LOLB. 

Alexander isn't on Kerrigan level Turtle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Alexander isn't on Kerrigan level Turtle. 

Didn’t say he was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Didn’t say he was. 

So, we got a better player to play his position than the guy we let walk ... ?

Again, I personally know Zo. He's a a super good guy. I think he got royally screwed by this franchise when they tried to adjust his bonuses at the last second. At the same time, I would never ever consider him as a replacement for Kerrigan.

Now, he could have held down our inside linebacker position for quite awhile had they not screwed the pooch, and I think the team would be better for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Woz said:

So, we got a better player to play his position than the guy we let walk ... ?

Again, I personally know Zo. He's a a super good guy. I think he got royally screwed by this franchise when they tried to adjust his bonuses at the last second. At the same time, I would never ever consider him as a replacement for Kerrigan.

Now, he could have held down our inside linebacker position for quite awhile had they not screwed the pooch, and I think the team would be better for it.

Overreact much? I never ever said anything about Zo being better or anything, I didn't even mention JJ Watt like I’d usually do.

I only said to Skins212689 when he seemed to be complaining that Zo left and then became a Pro Bowler for the Bills - somehow inferring that the front office made a poor decision there - that if we hadn't drafted Kerrigan, Zo ”MAY” have ended being our long term starter at LOLB from 2010 until now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Overreact much? I never ever said anything about Zo being better or anything, I didn't even mention JJ Watt like I’d usually do.

I only said to Skins212689 when he seemed to be complaining that Zo left and then became a Pro Bowler for the Bills - somehow inferring that the front office made a poor decision there - that if we hadn't drafted Kerrigan, Zo ”MAY” have ended being our long term starter at LOLB from 2010 until now.

My Comment about Zo was for those who don't think Special Teams guys aren't important. Zo was our best ST player and went to the Bills and made the Pro Bowl. It was never about him playing LB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×