MKnight82

MKnight82's Top 20 Most Talented Redskins of 2019 - #5 & 6 Up

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

In the box safety. Good player who is limited with suboptimal  speed and poor cover ability . That he is our 5th best player is all anyone needs to know about this team. We are going to make every tight end a hall of famer. So I wonder who is rated higher in our top 5, Moreland or HOF Talent Ereck  Flowers ?

Ya looking back I probably should of had Collins around 8 or 9.

The trashing of Landon Collins is getting kind of ridiculous. He’s a hell of a safety and while the team paid handsomely they haven’t had a player of his caliber in the secondary since Sean passed. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

The trashing of Landon Collins is getting kind of ridiculous. He’s a hell of a safety and while the team paid handsomely they haven’t had a player of his caliber in the secondary since Sean passed. 

Swearinger was better than Collins last year.  

11 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Swearinger was playing on the more talented defense. And I think our scheme allows our box safety to thrive I think Collins has a shot at being a All Pro here I believe that

11 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Swearinger is a good player who keeps costing himself jobs and money by running his mouth. It hasn’t just happened here, it’s happened everywhere he’s been. With that said, Collins is a better player. I actually don’t even think it’s all that close but that’s just me. 

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Swearinger is a good player who keeps costing himself jobs and money by running his mouth. It hasn’t just happened here, it’s happened everywhere he’s been. With that said, Collins is a better player. I actually don’t even think it’s all that close but that’s just me. 

It’s one of those situations where I like the player but hate the contract.  

45 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It’s one of those situations where I like the player but hate the contract.  

I can agree with that. 

On 6/15/2019 at 6:54 PM, lavar703 said:

I agree with this.  I am not sure what all the negative commentary is.  Sure we spent some money, but he is a young player in his prime.  If you are going to throw down the loot this is the situation to do it in.

Both safety positions have been major problem spots for like 10 years now.  Swearinger was the one solid player and finally gave us something good there for a few years.  But he is gone.   Move on.  I am just glad we dealt with this gap and aren't going back to another safety black hole.