Jimmie Ward has a broken collarbone

49erurtaza

I don't think we'll be signing Boston or Berry. If we thought they were good enough they would already be signed. Get ready to welcome the new UDFA that no-one has heard as camp fodder. However these types have a habit of showing up and working harder so no downside really.

• Like 1

5 broken bones in 6 years if you count this year. Why the hell hasn't the guy started taking calcium supplements? 

Colbert and exum are going to be our starters week 3, watch. Good thing we let Eric Reid walk! 

8 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

I don't think we'll be signing Boston or Berry. If we thought they were good enough they would already be signed. Get ready to welcome the new UDFA that no-one has heard as camp fodder. However these types have a habit of showing up and working harder so no downside really.

I have a feeling you're right. Its eerily similar to last year and addressing the pass-rush. Endorsing guys like Marsh through the media but secretly just waiting for the following off-season to focus on fixing the issue. Only difference is Marsh didn't go down early in OTAs with a injury so that may make it less likely for them to slow-play it. But I doubt they'll address it with a starting caliber talent like most of us hope for. They'll just then shift their eggs to the Colbert/Reed basket...which would infuriate me even more. 

One positive is more reps for DJ Reed. though I'd rather him compete at nickel with Kwaun. 

Ward will probably be good to go by week 1 or 2 assuming his roster spot is locked in. Maybe they slip him on the PUP list and bring him back week 6. Not a bad timing to have the injury actually, it allows us to give Colbert a shot to play well, I'd prefer that over starting ward and waiting for a midseason injury to displace him.

Safety is a pretty brutal position, I know we poke fun at Wards history but tbh every safety gets hurt. Collerbone injury is common for them too. 

2 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

One positive is more reps for DJ Reed. though I'd rather him compete at nickel with Kwaun. 

I have a big problem with this because I feel like they're doing with Reed what Baalke did with Ward. They're trying to have Reed fit their vision instead of playing him at his more natural position. This injury will probably push that narrative further instead having Reed compete@nickelback as he should. 

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I have a big problem with this because I feel like they're doing with Reed what Baalke did with Ward. They're trying to have Reed fit their vision instead of playing him at his more natural position. This injury will probably push that narrative further instead having Reed compete@nickelback as he should. 

I have a even bigger problem......DJ Reed is rehabbing from his offseason operation and won't be ready until training camp anyways, so he's not getting no extra reps lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I have a even bigger problem......DJ Reed is rehabbing from his offseason operation and won't be ready until training camp anyways, so he's not getting no extra reps lol. 

So then now we're in the Colbert/Exum basket....the plot thickens