Jimmie Ward has a broken collarbone

49erurtaza

This excatly what they get for gambling on Mr. Glass. I'm sure Ward is probably a great teammate and person but at this point I would wholeheartedly consider another line of work. His body is obviously telling him something. Get Tre Boston or Darian Stewart in here and stop being so bullish on something even a casual fan could see coming...

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

I will say this development definitely makes Lynch's seat a little warm. I thought it may have been a little lukewarm following the draft but putting essentially all your eggs in such a fragile basket like Ward, with no real contingency plan in-house, does not look good. Optics wise, it comes off as a colossal misstep. Only saving grace is that it happened early enough that he can rectify the situation rather quickly....IF he's smart enough to do so.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I will say this development definitely makes Lynch's seat a little warm. I though it may have been a little lukewarm following the draft but putting essentially all your eggs in such a fragile basket like Ward, with no real contingency plan in-house, does not look good. Optics wise, it comes off as a colossal misstep. Only saving grace is that it happened early enough that he can rectify the situation rather quickly....IF he's smart enough to do so.

True. Though I don't have an issue with Bosa injury cause it's not serious. The timing of that injury plus Ward injury is not a good look for Lynch. 

5 minutes ago, sherm said:

True. Though I don't have an issue with Bosa injury cause it's not serious. The timing of that injury plus Ward injury is not a good look for Lynch. 

If we are being perfectly blunt, there are relatively a few things that are a good look for lynch at this point in time. Or at least I should say, the bad looks outweigh the good looks at this point. He needs a good season. Doesn't have to be great, but big improvement has to be shown. 8 wins is a must, I think. 

• Like 2

The frustrating part is that he'll be ready to go somewhere around the start of the season, so I guarantee that we won't make a contingency plan. We will roll with Colbert and Reed back there through camp and preseason, and when Ward gets back well ease him back in the get him more reps until this happens again