Browns release Brock Osweiler

ditchdigger

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

was it worth it?

im not so sure.  16 Mil is a lot for a 2nd round pick.  but what do i know.  i dont think its as slam dunk-y as we originally thought.  doubt it will hurt us in the long term though.

That 16mil could've done nothing for us this year as we still have tons this year...we don't owe 16mil next year...it didn't really cost Cody or Kizer first team reps except for maybe one week.

Maybe it hurt Kevin Hogan's development as he didn't get those reps though

The Haslams aren't going to miss that..they'll be fine...they'll probably name the next pilot flying J rebate program in Osweilers name..

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

That 16mil could've done nothing for us this year as we still have tons this year...we don't owe 16mil next year...it didn't really cost Cody or Kizer first team reps except for maybe one week.

Maybe it hurt Kevin Hogan's development as he didn't get those reps though

The Haslams aren't going to miss that..they'll be fine...they'll probably name the next pilot flying J rebate program in Osweilers name..

yeah it cost us 16 mil, but that could have been rolled over to next year (or at least some of it, im guessing).

7 minutes ago, mistakey said:

was it worth it?

im not so sure.  16 Mil is a lot for a 2nd round pick.  but what do i know.  i dont think its as slam dunk-y as we originally thought.  doubt it will hurt us in the long term though.

I'm sure it was.

Cost me nothing, and it flushed out the posters who have no idea what they are looking at when watching QB play.

Dammit!! I literally just bought a Osweiler jersey! C'mon! Who coulda saw this coming??

But seriously, the fact that Jimmy's willing to pay $16 mill for a 2nd round draft pick says he's legit committed. I am curious. How much would he pay for a first rounder?

20 minutes ago, mistakey said:

was it worth it?

How was it not worth it? That money would have been unused anyway. 

Archived