Browns release Brock Osweiler

ditchdigger

42 minutes ago, mistakey said:

yeah it cost us 16 mil, but that could have been rolled over to next year (or at least some of it, im guessing).

that's definitely a fair point...

At some point though given our tremendous amount of cap space as it is, the value of the 2nd round pick and the ability to at the end of the year be top 7 in cap space available is better than having no extra 2nd round pick and being 1st in cap space.

Eventually, we have to spend something and we're still in a good position to make additional moves

25 minutes ago, mistakey said:

cap can be pushed forward into the next year, could have been used next year, or the year after, or the year after, etc

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sure, but we wouldn't have the 2nd rounder.

If any teams signs him, doesn't that number come off our cap hit too?

Nope.  And the team that signs him gets the 2nd rounder too.  Ugh.  Browns are the worst.

I think Osweiler was meant to generate interest else where and turn into another pick on top of the second. 

I think it was meant to be the gift that kept on giving, it would not surprise me if Jimmy H was pissed off. Like the way you lose 16 million dollars to Brock Osweiler pissed off. We all know that feeling. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think Osweiler was meant to generate interest else where and turn into another pick on top of the second. 

I think it was meant to be the gift that kept on giving, it would not surprise me if Jimmy H was pissed off. Like the way you lose 16 million dollars to Brock Osweiler pissed off. We all know that feeling. 

It can still be the gift that keeps on giving if we trade Houston's early 2018 2nd for a 5th and a future 1st.  Then ditch can repost another one of those neat graphics about all the picks Brock turned into.

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It can still be the gift that keeps on giving if we trade Houston's early 2018 2nd for a 5th and a future 1st.  Then ditch can repost another one of those neat graphics about all the picks Brock turned into.

pants tightening just thinking about it

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It's certainly possible, but I'd rather have the pick than the cap space.

Aint my money, honey.

Yeah but that money could have been used like NE did when they signed revis for 1 year 16 or so mil to win a super bowl

maybe now that only gets us a joe Haden 

Archived