Browns release Brock Osweiler

ditchdigger

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I mean If they continue to keep drafting well then it won't matter, that 2nd rd pick will be Just fine .  I just think this didn't go as smooth as they wanted it to

Probably not.

Im guessing they thought they could eat a large portion of his salary and flip him again for an asset, but it never happened.

53 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Where's @DizzyDean at?

Hope ole boy is hungry, he's got a mighty big slice of humble pie to eat.

I am right here, why exactly would I have to eat a slice of humble pie?  I said he was brought in to compete, and he did compete, he started 2 preseason games and was not cut until the day before final roster cut downs have to be completed.

21 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Yeah it does.  Hopefully someone signs him for a couple mil.

Not likely, now he can pick and choose, no matter what he signs for, his pay is the same.  He will likely sign a vet minimum to choose the very best spot for himself.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol 

lol all you want, but I invited you to link me to a single post where I said anything more than I want him to compete.  I said he had the physical tools, which is still true.  That Bill O Brian screwed him up, and it was worth the look to see if Hue and company could fix him.  They worked with him, started him a couple of games, and could not.  

Now that said, I wanted him to play like a hall of famer... but I also wanted Hogan Kizer and Kessler to play like hall of famers as well.  In short I wanted all to do amazing, but for at least someone to really take the reigns and run away with the job removing all doubt about the position.  That has not happened yet, I hope Kizer can do that over the next 16 games, we will see.  Its on the job training under fire for a young project.

21 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It can still be the gift that keeps on giving if we trade Houston's early 2018 2nd for a 5th and a future 1st.  Then ditch can repost another one of those neat graphics about all the picks Brock turned into.

If the pick is early, no way do I trade a 2nd for a 5th and future first, when that future first could just be a few spots higher than the 2nd right now.

29 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I am right here, why exactly would I have to eat a slice of humble pie?  I said he was brought in to compete, and he did compete, he started 2 preseason games and was not cut until the day before final roster cut downs have to be completed.

28 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Not likely, now he can pick and choose, no matter what he signs for, his pay is the same.  He will likely sign a vet minimum to choose the very best spot for himself.

@LETSGOBROWNIES

4-Super-Troopers-quotes.png

and

1v5irs.jpg

27 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Never, and I mean NEVER change.  I can finally rest eternal knowing that there never has been a more fitting moment for a "bless your heart".

There couldn't have been a more perfect scenario to get value for Brock than Ryan Tannehill going down with Jay Cutler retired...if Cutler doesn't come out of retirement I think we would've flipped Brock for at least a 5th round pick...also the dolphins would've eaten some of that salary....

Outside of Gase...there were really no more head coaches in Brock's corner...

Best case scenario is someone signs Brock for 5 to 6 million per taking us off the hook for a good chunk...

Archived