How All NFL Franchises Fared Over Last 20 Seasons (Best to Worst)

The Robfather

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Still not sure what you point is.  

My point is that the Pats were very dominant and they deserve all the credit for that but the other 3 teams in the AFC East were very mediocre during this period for most of the time.I never said that the win-loss record of the Pats (regular season or playoffs) were inflated or things like that.

Just now, Steelersfan43 said:

My point is that the Pats were very dominant and they deserve all the credit for that but the other 3 teams in the AFC East were very mediocre during this period for most of the time.I never said that the win-loss record of the Pats (regular season or playoffs) were inflated or things like that.

Then we were arguing two different things here.  Yeah no question the rest of the ACFE hasn't been contenders for a most of this century but my point was it's still a tough division to play in and I think the other teams would have had more success playing in another weaker division.  

AFCE has been a middle of the pack division with really only small stretches of the Jets in 2009-2011 where they were true contenders, that's a fair assessment.  I just don't think that has anything to do with the NE success was more my point.  NE has dominated the NFL not just the AFCE.

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Then we were arguing two different things here.  Yeah no question the rest of the ACFE hasn't been contenders for a most of this century but my point was it's still a tough division to play in and I think the other teams would have had more success playing in another weaker division.  

AFCE has been a middle of the pack division with really only small stretches of the Jets in 2009-2011 where they were true contenders, that's a fair assessment.  I just don't think that has anything to do with the NE success was more my point.  NE has dominated the NFL not just the AFCE.

The only point I disagree in your comment is that I do not think the other teams would have had more success in a another division, since the 2 most important positions in the NFL is the HC and the QB position and his teams have rarely been good at this position ... Will that change with Allen and Donald, I do not know but at least they have a shot.

Yes, I agree that the Pats have dominated the NFL for almost 20 years.

Here we go:

• Brady is 81-21 against the AFC East  .794
  • He is 25-6 against the AFC North  .806
  • He is 26-7 against the AFC South  .788
  • He is 13-3 against the NFC East  .813
  • He is 17-3 against the NFC North  .850
  • He is 12-4 against the NFC South  .750

Things get slightly harder in the West

• He is 22-12 against the AFC West .647
    • This is in part because you can't breathe in Denver (4-4) and the other team can.
    • 7-6 .538 vs Denver and 15-6 .714 against the other 3 teams. 
  • He is 10-5 against the NFC West  .667
    • This is because he is 1-2 .333 against Seattle when not playing them in the Super Bowl.
    • He is 9-3 .750  against the other 3 teams.  

What about a division that psychics form that ONLY has playoff teams for that very year?

• He is 30-10 in the playoffs .750

You could make a custom division that had the Patriots and any 3 of these teams:

• Dallas
  • Minnesota
  • Chicago
  • Tampa
  • Atlanta

He has never lost to any of those teams. 23-0   1.000

You could form a division out of the Patriots and any 3 of these teams:

• Philly
  • Pittsburgh
  • Baltimore
  • Chargers
  • Houston
  • New Orleans

He is 34-9 against them .790

• That's .004 worse than the AFC East

The AFC argument is insipid and meaningless. It continues on in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Some people don't care about reality if the lies make them feel better about their sportsball team.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Here we go:

• Brady is 81-21 against the AFC East  .794
  • He is 25-6 against the AFC North  .806
  • He is 26-7 against the AFC South  .788
  • He is 13-3 against the NFC East  .813
  • He is 17-3 against the NFC North  .850
  • He is 12-4 against the NFC South  .750

Things get slightly harder in the West

• He is 22-12 against the AFC West .647
    • This is in part because you can't breathe in Denver (4-4) and the other team can.
    • 7-6 .538 vs Denver and 15-6 .714 against the other 3 teams. 
  • He is 10-5 against the NFC West  .667
    • This is because he is 1-2 .333 against Seattle when not playing them in the Super Bowl.
    • He is 9-3 .750  against the other 3 teams.  

What about a division that psychics form that ONLY has playoff teams for that very year?

• He is 30-10 in the playoffs .750

You could make a custom division that had the Patriots and any 3 of these teams:

• Dallas
  • Minnesota
  • Chicago
  • Tampa
  • Atlanta

He has never lost to any of those teams. 23-0   1.000

You could form a division out of the Patriots and any 3 of these teams:

• Philly
  • Pittsburgh
  • Baltimore
  • Chargers
  • Houston
  • New Orleans

He is 34-9 against them .790

• That's .004 worse than the AFC East

The AFC argument is insipid and meaningless. It continues on in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Some people don't care about reality if the lies make them feel better about their sportsball team.

It's talking for nothing since this has never been my point.