Greatest rivalry in each division

Activated10

12 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Vikings-Packers is the Rivalry in the NFC North. It's been that way since the 70s. Other than the middle 80s the Bears have been the 3rd or 4th place team. The Vikings started play in 1961. They have more titles and playoff appearance than the Bears. Packers and the Vikings fight for the division with each other almost every year. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFC_North

If history is what matters then the Gophers-Badgers is the best rivalry in college football.

Since the division realigned in 2001, the Bears and Vikes have the same number of titles.  But you pretty much make my point for me as soon as you bring up that the Vikes started play in 1967.  The Bears and Packers played the first time in 1919.  They played the first NFL game in 1921.  They have played 200 times and are dead even.  The Vikes and Packers havent even played 100 games yet.

• Like 2

AFC West is either Chiefs Raiders or Broncos Raiders, historically 

Today it is Chiefs-Chargers. I mean, they both went 12-4 and have elite quarterbacks. 

But since 2010, the AFCW title has been shared by only the Chiefs (4) and Broncos (5), making that a relevant rivalry as well

Browns is our favorite punching bag so not much a rivalry. They may change things now with a better GM and Baker but they're still the worst franchise in the NFL in the past 20 years. They still need to earn respect among the league regardless the talent they have now.

Cincy is always a tough match and the game is violent, but the Steelers game is always a big thing in the AFC north

can see the hatred between the steelers and Bengals dying out since Marvin, Pacman, vontez, Porter, AB etc.. are gone

steelers vs browns games might finally be interesting for the 1st time since 2007..I hope that rivalry takes off(with the steelers still staying on top tho)

Edited by August4th

I'll focus on the NFC West because I don't think a lot of people realize how deep the Niners/Rams rivalry runs.

Currently it's probably Rams/Seahawks. And before this, it was Seahawks/Niners.

But in reality, it's always been Rams/Niners. Ask Rams fans which team they hate the most and the answer will be universal (for LA Rams fans at least).

49ers currently lead 69-67-3

Packers/Bears is currently 97-95-6

Some teams have played more often, but I believe the Rams/Niners is the closest W/L aside from the Packers and Bears. It's a top 10 NFL rivalry and possibly a top 5. Every decade has been pretty competitive outside of the 70s (17-3 Rams) and 90s (17-3 Niners). And the Niners in the 90s were the ones that started "SOSAR", which was something that infuriated Rams fans. Needless to say, there were some angry Rams fans when McVay rested our starters against the Niners in week 17 of the 2017/2018 season.

On 5/27/2019 at 10:40 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

Since the division realigned in 2001, the Bears and Vikes have the same number of titles.  But you pretty much make my point for me as soon as you bring up that the Vikes started play in 1961.  The Bears and Packers played the first time in 1919.  They played the first NFL game in 1921.  They have played 200 times and are dead even.  The Vikes and Packers havent even played 100 games yet.

Just so we're clear WE have played each other 100 times, 117 in fact (60-54-3 in favor of GB).

With that being said, IMO, historically the answer is easily Bears and Packers. More recently I would favor Vikings and Packers.

14 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

With that being said, IMO, historically the answer is easily Bears and Packers. More recently I would favor Vikings and Packers.

This. The Viking rivalry has always been more intense for me. Probably more due to the fact that the Vikings have just been better than the Bears the last 20 or so years. 

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

This. The Viking rivalry has always been more intense for me. Probably more due to the fact that the Vikings have just been better than the Bears the last 20 or so years. 

Looking into this we (Bears and Vikings) are much closer than I had thought since the realignment. Assuming the reddit link, below, is accurate adding 2017 and 2018 records would make it...

Vikings wins: 118 W + 13 W (2017) + 8 W (2018) = 139 W
Vikings losses: 121 L + 3 L (2017) + 7 L (2018) = 131 L

Vikings new total: 139-131-2

Bears wins: 114 W + 5 W (2017) + 12 W (2018) = 131 W
Bears losses: 126 L + 11 L (2017) + 4 L (2018) = 141 L

Bears new total: 131-141