New Orleans Saints will miss the playoffs

Activated10

Saints miss the playoffs  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will the New Orleans Saints miss the playoffs

• Yes, I agree the NFCCG is going to have major effect on them and as a result, miss the playoffs.
    • No, OP is crazy and doesn't realize the Saints are still one of the most talented teams in NFC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 08:59 AM

Saints are talented team but I think their team is going to be too focused on the non call in NFC Championship that will cause a distraction for them throughout the season. Bad enough that their 2017 season ended with blown tackle from a rookie. But at least that was self harm, not in the ref hands and also a divisional playoff game. The fact that they lost NFCCG due to the refs is going to annoy the players throughout year, ESPECIALLY IF THEY START SLOW! Drew Brees can't throw deep anymore, his stats fell way down in the last 6 games, including the playoffs. 

Drew Brees Era is over, exciting to watch and happy for New Orleans to get that SB! Enjoy the end and get exciting for future because a new era is going to begin soon!

Edited by Activated10

No team that isn’t the Pats is ever a sure thing to be in the playoffs. That having been said, I think the Saints are still one of the best teams and rosters heading into the season and the smart money is on them making it.

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

If they miss, it will have little to nothing to do with that NFC Championship game. Fans and the media will make it about that, but it absolutely will not be.

This.

If NO misses the playoffs it will likely come down to health. They were one of the healthiest teams last season and injury luck varies season to season. 

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

If they miss, it will have little to nothing to do with that NFC Championship game. Fans and the media will make it about that, but it absolutely will not be.

NO weathered a tough break the year before vs MIN and got back to the NFCCG so I agree the reasoning wouldn't be due to 2019's NFCCG.

Its not crazy to think that the Saints will miss the playoffs. They have a brutal schedule. We know they seem to always lose Week 1 so we can pencil in a loss to the Texans. Then they have back to back west coast trips to LA to face the Rams and to Seattle to face the Seahawks. It wouldnt surprise me if they started off (0-3). Now Im going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they start (1-2). Thats still not good considering the NFCS is going to be better and the NFC as a whole is going to be better. I dont think the Saints can afford to start slow and expect to go on a 8-10 game winning streak like they have done the past few seasons.

The most concerning thing is how the Saints finish the season. With Brees being an old QB, towards the season he starts to slow down and when he starts to slow down so does the offense. We saw that in particular last season. As much as everyone wants to point to one play in the NFCCG, lets not forget the Saints offense wasnt good from the Dallas game in the regular season and beyond. We shall see though this season but again its not crazy to think the Saints will miss the playoffs. 

They made the NFCCG after a back-breaking, miracle play against Minnesota. Safe to say that a tough break likely won’t break their spirits. I guess you could say an on-field screw up is less heartbreaking than a bad call nearly killing your chances, but I’d argue they’re a mentally tough team. 

And even if you want to say Brees’ arm is falling off, he was nearly the league MVP last season. Maybe it’s not what it used to be, but it’s still getting done. 

The other issue is: who do you expect to win it if not NO? Atlanta is a very talented team that got riddled with injuries in 2018, but honestly we never know what we’re going to get out of the Falcons. They’re not all that consistent, even with talent. Tampa isn’t a team I’m going to put my faith in either. Carolina could always surprise some people, but again, are you putting them over the Saints on paper?