Official 53 Man Roster Discussion / Reveal. (Additions in OP)

Displayname

After the addition of a CB, safety depth, and a TE (to a lesser extent), I feel a lot better about this team. Those were probably the 3 biggest moves that they needed to make and they did it with what seems to be smart additions and not panic moves (not really overpaying for anything). I know some people felt we needed another ILB, but I am comfortable with Shazier (hopefully he stays healthy) and Williams as starters. I feel like we have good depth there with dirty red and Fort.

11 hours ago, jebrick said:

If they win the SB then it is fine but if they do not extend Tuitt because of this crap I will be pissed.

Is there no way to structure a Tuitt extension now?  If not, I'm sure his deal will get done by March.  

Clearly they are going all in while Ben, Bell, Brown and Bryant are still on the roster together.  One of the most talented teams I have ever seen them field... on paper at least.  

11 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Is there no way to structure a Tuitt extension now?  If not, I'm sure his deal will get done by March.  

Clearly they are going all in while Ben, Bell, Brown and Bryant are still on the roster together.  One of the most talented teams I have ever seen them field... on paper at least.  

They may be able to work out an extension, not sure, but they don't negotiate that stuff during the season I believe.

56 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

They may be able to work out an extension, not sure, but they don't negotiate that stuff during the season I believe.

They could if they wanted to, but just a team policy to not distract from the job at hand. 

Best case: they get one done fast before FA. 

Worst case: they ask for the courtesy, "let us match your best offer" in FA and we pay more than expected or he walks if it's too much. 

11 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

I liked Fort too.  This move is a complete headscratcher.  Did Fort hit on Tomlin's wife like when Peyton Hillis did that to Josh McDaniels?

It is a salary cap move.  Fort is a vested veteran. Which means that if he was active in the first game his salary ( $755K) is guaranteed for the season.  I expect them to bounce these two back and forth.  Basically getting 2 LBs for one price.

On 9/13/2017 at 8:53 AM, jebrick said:

It is a salary cap move.  Fort is a vested veteran. Which means that if he was active in the first game his salary ( $755K) is guaranteed for the season.  I expect them to bounce these two back and forth.  Basically getting 2 LBs for one price.

Thanks for the clarity on this. I know Johnson is good on special teams, but Fort looks a heck of a lot better as a back-up ILB to me. I think Fort played well and deserves to be on the roster. Maybe they keep him full time when our safeties get healthy.  The guy that I would cut based on play and production is Robert Golden. With Dangerfield going down, this probably secured his position on the team.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2017 at 8:53 AM, jebrick said:

Johnson released and Fort is back. You may be on to something. 

Archived