Bleacher Report Ranks all 32 Team's WR corps

MKnight82

This guy is a pro ! I can't say that enough . He can teach those kids how to be a pro. He'll go over the middle, he'll block his tush off for the running backs . I know he's not what he was ( 33 in Aug ) .

No I'm not sure-could be a mistake . I just think we should thoroughly vet him and make the right call. I think he can be an asset .

On 6/17/2019 at 11:44 AM, RSkinGM said:

Robert Davis,  Dockson, Richardson, Kelvin Harmon,. McLaurin, Quinn,  Cam Sims and Darvin Kidsy . 8 Guys, we'll carry 6 or 7 maybe .

IF ,, he's 100% healthy-and the price is right,  I'd take Garcon' over the bottom two - Probably Kidsy and Davis.

They can be P S fillers . 

But if you add Garçon, then you have 9 guys. And given that they’ll probably keep 6 WRs, that means you’ll have to keep him over the bottom three — which probably means you’d have to cut one of Sims or Harmon in order to keep him. I wouldn’t sacrifice the potential and youth of either of those two (Sims at age 23 and Harmon at age 22) for Garçon’s veteranosity, even though I’ve always been a big fan of his.

McLaurin obviously will make the team, and Quinn is really the only slot guy. Richardson likely won’t go anywhere because of his contract. I guess you could argue they could cut Doctson, but I’m still not 100% ready to throw in the towel on him. 

I just don’t see the room on the roster. I like the guy — but we are trying to find some diamonds in the rough in this WR group, and we need to keep as many lottery tickets as we can hoard. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

But if you add Garçon, then you have 9 guys. And given that they’ll probably keep 6 WRs, that means you’ll have to keep him over the bottom three — which probably means you’d have to cut one of Sims or Harmon in order to keep him. I wouldn’t sacrifice the potential and youth of either of those two (Sims at age 23 and Harmon at age 22) for Garçon’s veteranosity, even though I’ve always been a big fan of his.

McLaurin obviously will make the team, and Quinn is really the only slot guy. Richardson likely won’t go anywhere because of his contract. I guess you could argue they could cut Doctson, but I’m still not 100% ready to throw in the towel on him. 

I just don’t see the room on the roster. I like the guy — but we are trying to find some diamonds in the rough in this WR group, and we need to keep as many lottery tickets as we can hoard. 

Agreed.  Plus he'd probably be a bottom of the depth chart WR at this point in his career, and we need those guys playing special teams.  

Should have re-signed Djax or Garçon in 2017 - if we had maybe we win a few more games in 2017, make the playoffs and re-sign Kirk - but at this point I’m with E, gotta role with the young guys. This is a “let’s see what we have in these young guys!” Kinda year! All the way from the starter Doctson down to the possibly practice squader again... Robert Davis!

Edited by turtle28

On 6/25/2019 at 9:50 PM, turtle28 said:

Should have re-signed Djax or Garçon in 2017

Given the results of the two teams that signed both of those guys at the prices they did (and then let them both go before their contracts were done), I think this might not be accurate.

Would it have helped Washington? Perhaps. But here it is in late June, and Garcon is still available. That's not a ringing endorsement of him.

4 hours ago, Woz said:

Given the results of the two teams that signed both of those guys at the prices they did (and then let them both go before their contracts were done), I think this might not be accurate.

Would it have helped Washington? Perhaps. But here it is in late June, and Garcon is still available. That's not a ringing endorsement of him.

No doubt but I think either of them would have been better in DC than in Tampa or San Fran and they had chemistry w/ Cousins.

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

No doubt but I think either of them would have been better in DC than in Tampa or San Fran and they had chemistry w/ Cousins.

Better, perhaps. But not at the price they were commanding.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 2:41 AM, turtle28 said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/pierre-garcon-5014/cash-earnings/

Am reading this right that Garcon’s caphit was 7.9 million in 2017?

No.

That page shows when monies were paid. When Garcon signed the contract, the 49ers owed him $12M. For accounting purposes it was amortized over the life of the contract (5 years).

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/3/10/14881166/pierre-garcon-contract-details-49ers-wrs-5-year-deal

2017 cap hit: $6.425 million

Base Salary: $3.625 million
Prorated Signing Bonus: $2.4 million
Per Game Roster Bonus: $250,000
Workout Bonus: $100,000

2018 cap hit: $9.375 million

Base Salary: $6.625 million

2019 cap hit: $8.4 million

Base Salary: $5.65 million

2020 cap hit: $11.3 million

Base Salary: $8.55 million

2021 cap hit: $12 million

Base Salary: $9.25 million

18 hours ago, Woz said:

No.

That page shows when monies were paid. When Garcon signed the contract, the 49ers owed him $12M. For accounting purposes it was amortized over the life of the contract (5 years).

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/3/10/14881166/pierre-garcon-contract-details-49ers-wrs-5-year-deal

Damn, that was more affordable than I thought. I understand wanting to give Doctson a chance but they could have moved Garçon back to Flanker like he played for us in 2012 & 13 and started both of them, oh well. 

Edited by turtle28

22 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

We can tag him if he breaks out - don't see coming. He ran a 4.50 40 time. Not a burner but surely not slow ,, but he sure plays S L O W. No separation.

If he breaks out, congratulate him on his success getting a contract somewhere else.