Best Vikings team? In my Book, It's These Guys! - All Hail the 1973 Minnesota Vikings!

@Virginia Viking this is precisely what I’m talking about. You’re glorifying an entire era and cherry picking a few guys that you are not a fan of to represent today’s game. I can guarantee that if players from yesteryear had the same social media and 24/7 coverage that today’s players do, there’s be some jerks in that group too. 

There are plenty of guys that are just as interesting off the field as they are on it today. Im not going to make a long list of players, but perhaps you’ve seen what Chris Long has done during his 11 years in the NFL? I’m sorry for hijacking your thread, but not everything that was great 30-50 years ago is better than today. Different? Sure. Awesome on it’s own? Absolutely? “Simply better”? Not even close.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

@Virginia Viking this is precisely what I’m talking about. You’re glorifying an entire era and cherry picking a few guys that you are not a fan of to represent today’s game. I can guarantee that if players from yesteryear had the same social media and 24/7 coverage that today’s players do, there’s be some jerks in that group too. 

There are plenty of guys that are just as interesting off the field as they are on it today. Im not going to make a long list of players, but perhaps you’ve seen what Chris Long has done during his 11 years in the NFL? I’m sorry for hijacking your thread, but not everything that was great 30-50 years ago is better than today. Different? Sure. Awesome on it’s own? Absolutely? “Simply better”? Not even close.

You have every right to your point of view.  I feel differently about this era than you do, and you feel differently about the league and its players from the '60's and '70's.  This is what makes this board fun, in my opinion.  I still think the '73 Vikings were the best team the organization has ever put on the field!