43M's Gaming Journal: Skyrim Review and God of War Ragnarok!!!

43M

Enjoying Witcher 3 so far, but there is a lot to learn.    Its hard jumping from game to game, because you get to certain control schemes and it takes time to adapt to new ones. 

Battle can be quite complex.  Im a casual gamer nowadays, so it probably takes me a little longer to learn the ins and outs than more hardcore gamers.

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Enjoying Witcher 3 so far, but there is a lot to learn.    Its hard jumping from game to game, because you get to certain control schemes and it takes time to adapt to new ones. 

Battle can be quite complex.  Im a casual gamer nowadays, so it probably takes me a little longer to learn the ins and outs than more hardcore gamers.

Some people find oils and potions really helpful in this game but I barely used em. I didn't play Gwent(?) either but a ton of people loved it.  You'll get it down though. It's a ton of fun and the world is excellent. I found crafting armor and weapons to be a little more complex than it needed to be. Wish they would've simplified it more

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Some people find oils and potions really helpful in this game but I barely used em. I didn't play Gwent(?) either but a ton of people loved it.  You'll get it down though. It's a ton of fun and the world is excellent. I found crafting armor and weapons to be a little more complex than it needed to be. Wish they would've simplified it more

Yeah.    In most games, I only end up using the items I absolutely have to or if I find one particularly useful.    Alot of items I end up collecting just kinda sit there (for instance, in Horizon ZD, I never once used the traps),

I havent played much yet, but I havent even used the magic once outside of the early tutorial.     

To be honest, I also think I am a little "gamed" out.      For about a straight month I went hard at the games I was playing.    I may take it a little slower with Wtcher 3.    I want to enjoy it, and I dont want to get burned out midway through and then have to start over like I did with Dragon Age.   

Really getting into the game now.  Just met with Yennifer and tracking Ciri.  Geralt sounds alot like Solid Snake.  Thought the voice actor might be David Hayter, but its not.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:12 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Next game....

51FdXnfNj6L.jpg

Really looking forward to this.    Hopefully, it lives up to the hype.

I am finishing up some Spider Man DLC stuff.     Hopefully I can start this up on Sunday sometime.  

I was waiting for you to jump into this one...its too good. Probably the game I come back to the most now. Also made me read the book series. Big fan of the witcher universe now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Not sure if you're taking suggestions, but if you are... God of War.

Holy moly, wow.

Definitely going to play it, but it may be awhile.  I could see me putting in 150+ hrs into Witcher 3, and then I am going to get into Zelda and Xenoblade, two games that will probably eat up 200 hrs as well.

Oh, and Ill probably play FF7 remake in there, too.

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Definitely going to play it, but it may be awhile.  I could see me putting in 150+ hrs into Witcher 3, and then I am going to get into Zelda and Xenoblade, two games that will probably eat up 200 hrs as well.

Can't fault you based on this list, but if one of these doesn't meet your expectations (it's a great list so I doubt this will be the case) pick up God of War in it's place. 

As a dad... I watch Kratos' evolution and and I get misty eyed.

Am no dad but God of War is an excellent play. The story is fantastic but can see why people would say that about Kratos. I know it's corny also but when people reviewed it they said the game "felt good" and I was confused as to what they meant but then I played it and... yeah, the controller felt good lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Xenogears was my favorite non-traditional Square RPG along with Secret of Mana.  It's not directly related, but I'll always have a soft spot for any game that carries the bloodlines of Xenogears.

And Zelda...yeah, you have to play BOTW.   It's just insane what they did there.   I will readily admit I'm not a huge Zelda fan as much as I loved FF/Chrono Trigger back in the day - but BOTW blew my mind.     I had a Wii U because my kids loved those Mario Kart & party games...but BOTW was the first time I pinched their console to play it lol.   Amazing GOTY - unlike other years, where it wasn't clearcut, BOTW was the runaway deserving candidate that year.

• Like 1

Holy hell...there is a ridiculous amount of stuff to do in Witcher 3.  Ive been playing about 15 hours...maybe longer, and Ive barely scratched the surface, it feels like.  I have a bunch of active quests, and there are a ton of undiscovered areas and notice boards I havent even been to yet, and the notice boards refill with need stuff often.

I could be playing this for a long time.  :D

Only thing I havent gotten much into is Gwent.  Decently fun, but I kinda suck at it, plus everyone Ive played seems to have far superior cards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Holy hell...there is a ridiculous amount of stuff to do in Witcher 3.  Ive been playing about 15 hours...maybe longer, and Ive barely scratched the surface, it feels like.  I have a bunch of active quests, and there are a ton of undiscovered areas and notice boards I havent even been to yet, and the notice boards refill with need stuff often.

I could be playing this for a long time.  :D

Only thing I havent gotten much into is Gwent.  Decently fun, but I kinda suck at it, plus everyone Ive played seems to have far superior cards.

Question marks........... everywhere!!! Fast traveling will help once you discover areas bc as you see, that map is huge lol

38 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Question marks........... everywhere!!! Fast traveling will help once you discover areas bc as you see, that map is huge lol

Oh yeah...I already fast travel a ton.

• 43M changed the title to 43M's Gaming Journal: Skyrim Review and God of War Ragnarok!!!