43M's Gaming Journal: A Few New Review and Red Dead 2!!!!

43M

2 hours ago, Forge said:

This is a great idea, I should have thought of this as well, but mine would have been a lot slower lol. But I've also been getting back into the gaming angle with quarantine and finished a through a few games. Great stuff. 

If you start a thread, I'll start one too. :D

• Like 3

15 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Might take a week or 2 off before I jump into a new game.   Still trying to figure out what that will be.   Right now Im debating between...

Tomb Raider (PC)
Zelda: BOTW
Civilization VI (which I may just do as a side game, as opposed to playing it exclusively)
God of War PS4 (This is least likely since its the only one I dont currently own, but I am willing to buy).

The two that stand out to me are God of War and Zelda. But you might want to do GOW since it won’t have the same time requirement as Zelda.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xenos said:

Plus you know, maybe you need a break from open world RPGs that take hundreds of hours to fully complete 😂

True, but those are typically my favorite. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

GoW is just a fantastic game overall. Great battle mechanics, customization options, massive enemies to take down, and a truly great story - absolutely great, "should be a movie" sort of storyline, one that's FAR from over. Much like the first games, you'll recognize these names - Norse mythology and Greek mythology are both pretty interesting overall, and this game takes that interest and drives it further than I thought possible.

• Like 3

On 7/6/2020 at 12:07 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

You mentioned that Xenoblade X would look better on a more powerful console. I wonder if they’ll ever provide a Switch version eventually like they did with BOTW. Though I do wonder how much more powerful the Switch really is compared to the Wii U.

5 hours ago, Xenos said:

You mentioned that Xenoblade X would look better on a more powerful console. I wonder if they’ll ever provide a Switch version eventually like they did with BOTW. Though I do wonder how much more powerful the Switch really is compared to the Wii U.

Well, Breath of the Wild was made simultaneously for both Wii U and Switch.

Xenoblade Chronicles X was made specifically for the Wii U, and the Xenoblade director said that while a port to the Switch is possible, its relatively unlikely due to the massive size of the game and how much it would cost to make a port.

The Nintendo Switch is a good bit more powerful than the Wii U, but is still notably underpowered compared to other consoles.     When I said Id like to see Xenoblade on other consoles, I meant XBox or Playstation, or even better, PC.   Id LOVE to see a PC port of Xenoblade Chronicles X.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 2:18 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

I. F%#&ING.  HATE.  STALKERS!!!!!!!

Those freaking slippery Stalkers and their stealth BS got me killed so many times.   I had easier times with Deathbringers and Thunderjaws.     

Anyway, the gameplay is just masterful, and pretty much all the weapons can be fun to use.   I did use my regular bow and arrow most of the time, usually with the hardpoint arrows, but I also had alot of fun using the ropecaster and Sniper bow.     The other weapons were handy as well.  I think the only one I hardly used was the Rattler, because it just never seemed to do much.

Just reading your review of horizon, glad you enjoyed it as much as I did (I just beat it last week) 

What I find funny, is that I agree that the Rattler is mostly useless, however it was very helpful against one enemy.... Stalkers xD You could use the electric bolts and in a couple quick bursts, paralyze the Stalker, do a crit strike or a Sniper shot (with multi arrows if you have it). Just repeat this one more time and it's dead. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Okay, so after about a 6 week break from gaming, I am finally ready to jump back into this.

What game am I playing next, you ask?   Well, one that has been hyped on here a lot lately and pretty much since the very beginning.     Its downloading as we speak....

$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Cant wait to jump into it!  

• Like 3

Just started.    Really fun after the first battle, although I died about 10 times before I figured out what to do.     

As a God of War fan from the beginning, this game is very different.   Alot more strategy involved.     In the previous games, they were largely hack and slashes.   I had read this game was different from its predecessors, but still a bit different than I was expecting.   

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Just started.    Really fun after the first battle, although I died about 10 times before I figured out what to do.     

As a God of War fan from the beginning, this game is very different.   Alot more strategy involved.     In the previous games, they were largely hack and slashes.   I had read this game was different from its predecessors, but still a bit different than I was expecting.   

Have you encountered the stranger yet? That fight scene really teaches you that you cannot simply hack and slash lol. That shield is vital for surviving in this game!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Have you encountered the stranger yet? That fight scene really teaches you that you cannot simply hack and slash lol. That shield is vital for surviving in this game!

Hell yeah.    Fought him right after posting this.

Cant wait to play more.    Just got a taste so far.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 43M said:

Hell yeah.    Fought him right after posting this.

Cant wait to play more.    Just got a taste so far.

Yeah, that fight was fun as hell!! Really gets you ready for the combat later in the game. Got a feeling you're definitely going to enjoy this one. Enjoy!

• Like 1