43M's Gaming Journal: Skyrim Review and God of War Ragnarok!!!

43M

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Oh yeah...I already fast travel a ton.

This was the first open world game I got on PS4. Mind you, I didn't game between the release of PS2 and until about 3.5 years ago so the graphic gap was pretty large. That said, when I played this game at first I rode Roach everywhere lol. Seeing how far they'd come with graphics and how gorgeous the world is was something I wanted to take in..... Then the novelty died off and all I did was fast travel lol. Still, that took a lot of my damn time. 

Glad you're liking this one!! It gets a lot better

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

This was the first open world game I got on PS4. Mind you, I didn't game between the release of PS2 and until about 3.5 years ago so the graphic gap was pretty large. That said, when I played this game at first I rode Roach everywhere lol. Seeing how far they'd come with graphics and how gorgeous the world is was something I wanted to take in..... Then the novelty died off and all I did was fast travel lol. Still, that took a lot of my damn time. 

Glad you're liking this one!! It gets a lot better

Only thing I don't like thus far are the load times after dying.

• Like 2

Ha...so, I've played Witcher 3 for 41 hours already, and I still have so much left to do.  In fairness, its been probably more like 35 hours since Ive taken breaks with the game on, but still...I could see this hitting 200 hours when Im done.  Only just hit level 15 and still havent found Ciri yet...plus my map is still covered with question marks.  

Quite the value for $15.  :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ha...so, I've played Witcher 3 for 41 hours already, and I still have so much left to do.  In fairness, its been probably more like 35 hours since Ive taken breaks with the game on, but still...I could see this hitting 200 hours when Im done.  Only just hit level 15 and still havent found Ciri yet...plus my map is still covered with question marks.  

The endless side quests keeps getting us side tracked. Some amazing side quests story.

• Like 2

I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but it's crazy how much stuff there is to do in this game.

I just completed several side quests and visited a bunch of undiscovered locations, and then went to my map to see if I made a dent, but I really didn't... And on top of that, there were numerous exclamation points indicating new quests to be gathered on the map.

Only minor drawback is that there's so much to do, the main story kind of takes a backseat at times, and the main story itself is really good.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but it's crazy how much stuff there is to do in this game.

I just completed several side quests and visited a bunch of undiscovered locations, and then went to my map to see if I made a dent, but I really didn't... And on top of that, there were numerous exclamation points indicating new quests to be gathered on the map.

Only minor drawback is that there's so much to do, the main story kind of takes a backseat at times, and the main story itself is really good.

The sidequests/contracts are so, so good.

One of the greatest games of all-time.  

And after you beat the main story, you have 2 amazing pieces of DLC to play too.  I'm not sure if they came with your purchase (they seem to sell it with the game now).  If it didn't, it's well-worth however much it costs.  Wonderful game all-around.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

The sidequests/contracts are so, so good.

One of the greatest games of all-time.  

And after you beat the main story, you have 2 amazing pieces of DLC to play too.  I'm not sure if they came with your purchase (they seem to sell it with the game now).  If it didn't, it's well-worth however much it costs.  Wonderful game all-around.  

Absolutely.  And yeah, I got the complete edition with both DLCs.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 11:22 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

I did everything I could for the most part, except the gwent collect em all thing and ended at like 130 hrs 

• Like 1

Im convinced this game has been sent to take over my life.  Just got to Skellige, and on top of all this new stuff here, I still gave a ton of side stuff left to do in Velen.   

Then again, its probably the best time to find this game given how everything is at a standstill in real life.

This is easily the most densely packed game Ive ever played, and unlike many RPGs, most of the sidequests are entertaining and not really repetitive.  You never know where some of the sidequests are going to take you, which is the best part.

And for the record, I haven't even played Gwent much or did any races, which could add another 5 to 10 hours on their own.

Edited by FourThreeMafia

On 3/10/2020 at 11:22 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Get the DLCs

On 3/16/2020 at 7:32 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Im convinced this game has been sent to take over my life.  Just got to Skellige, and on top of all this new stuff here, I still gave a ton of side stuff left to do in Velen.   

Then again, its probably the best time to find this game given how everything is at a standstill in real life.

This is easily the most densely packed game Ive ever played, and unlike many RPGs, most of the sidequests are entertaining and not really repetitive.  You never know where some of the sidequests are going to take you, which is the best part.

And for the record, I haven't even played Gwent much or did any races, which could add another 5 to 10 hours on their own.

You have so much ahead of you. You could easily play it multiple times. If you're on PC, there are a ton of mods for it that are worth your time.

• Like 1

• 43M changed the title to 43M's Gaming Journal: Skyrim Review and God of War Ragnarok!!!