43M's Gaming Journal: A Few New Review and Red Dead 2!!!!

43M

Im still playing God of War and trying to finish up some things, like the Nilheim Fire Trials and Valkeries.     I faced my 2nd Valkerie yesterday and it obliterated me.   Ill  try, but much like @BobbyPhil1781, Ill probably walk away if I feel like its obnoxiously difficult.      I dont mind trying a 20-30 times, but I will eventually get annoyed if Im not making the progress I want to see.

My next game is up in the air.   Honestly not sure where Im going next.  

I bought Witcher 1 and 2, and I really wanna play them at some point, but Im going to wait until the next gen remaster/rerelease of Witcher 3 gets closer, because I want to go on a Witcher marathon with those games, and the next time I play Witcher 3, may end up putting in 200 to 300 hours.    We will see.

Kinda the same with Dragon Age.   I still have yet to FINISH Dragon Age Inquistion, and Im also going to play Dragon Age 2, but Im not ready to go through 1 again.    Sometime in 2021, probably.

Zelda is obviously the biggest game left on my list, so thats a strong possibility, but I may try Tomb Raider out.   Although if I play the first Tomb Raider, I may feel compelled to play the entire trilogy.

Dragon's Dogma is another game Ive been strongly considering lately.   I hear the gameplay and customization in the game is amazing, even if the story is kinda meh.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake I really REALLY wanna play, but Im waiting for it to dip down in price.   I dont like paying full price for most games....especially when I have so many other games I want to play....I can wait.

If anyone has any more suggestions of games I should try, I am open to almost anything.     Not every game interests me, but Im not closed off to any particular genre.    I am not the biggest fan of first person shooters (I will play them, but I cant get into most of them like I used to), and sports games have been crossed off my list due to the poor quality and exploitative nature of that genre nowadays.

• Like 1

I suggest Zelda and I will not hear of any other suggestions.

Unless they are Odyssey

THis gen off the top of my head gave me 4 of my fav games of all time - God of War, Horizon, Odyssey, and Breath of the Wild

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I suggest Zelda and I will not hear of any other suggestions.

Unless they are Odyssey

THis gen off the top of my head gave me 4 of my fav games of all time - God of War, Horizon, Odyssey, and Breath of the Wild

I definitely agree with the 2 that Ive played thus far (GoW and HZD).

I am most certainly going to get into Zelda, but I might jump into maybe a shorter game first since I know BoTW is another massive game.    

Odyssey is one thats still up in the air, but endorsements like that have me leaning towards playing it.  

8 hours ago, 43M said:

I definitely agree with the 2 that Ive played thus far (GoW and HZD).

I am most certainly going to get into Zelda, but I might jump into maybe a shorter game first since I know BoTW is another massive game.    

Odyssey is one thats still up in the air, but endorsements like that have me leaning towards playing it.  

Odyssey takes time to beat, but nowhere near what BOTW was. But yeah, if you have a limited amount of time to play games, Odyssey is one I would be really sad if you didn't experience it. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 1:50 AM, 43M said:

My next game is up in the air.   Honestly not sure where Im going next.  

You may have played this already, I dunno... but I have been having a BLAST with Borderlands 2. The Handsome Jack collection was on sale for like $20, which got me Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

I'm still running through the main story, but did a few of the DLC missions in an  to get some great loot and grind up my character - I have to say, the model of looting up your inventory is a basic addiction model, you start to get a high when you find a big chest full of guns - even if the guns aren't better than what you have.

Then, you have the gameplay; I had one moment where I walked into a group of Spiderants attacking a group of Psychos. I sat from afar and watched these two enemies of mine wage war, decided I wanted in the action so I whipped out my electric sniper rifle with bouncing bullets and electrocuted everything in sight - but I didn't see a Badass Psycho flanking me with bad intentions. No bother, I flipped to a Torque Shotgun with explosive shells, pulled the trigger at point blank and literally liquified him - to which my character screams "BATHE... IN THE... MEAT... CHUNKS!!!" Moments like this are abundant, and I find myself cackling like an insane person every single time.

There's a long list of interesting characters (my personal favorite is Mr. Torque - he's basically Macho Man Randy Savage on MORE cocaine and steroids) who really capture your imagination. Even with a clearly over-the-top asthetic, there is depth to this story, I think. 

If you've played this game, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you haven't, I'd add it the list. It's not a short game (it's massive, actually) so if you're looking for a quick jump, head somewhere else.

• Like 2

Just an update on something that may delay things a bit...I may be moving again in the next couple months, so I may have to put things on hold.

My next game will likely be Breath of the Wild, but if I jump in now, and then go away from it for a month or two, Ill probably want to start over, so I may choose a shorter game or a couple shorter games, to hold me over in the meantime.

I might jump into a game this weekend....but probably a game that doesn't have a long story campaign like most of the other games Ive played.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

You may have played this already, I dunno... but I have been having a BLAST with Borderlands 2. The Handsome Jack collection was on sale for like $20, which got me Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

I'm still running through the main story, but did a few of the DLC missions in an  to get some great loot and grind up my character - I have to say, the model of looting up your inventory is a basic addiction model, you start to get a high when you find a big chest full of guns - even if the guns aren't better than what you have.

Then, you have the gameplay; I had one moment where I walked into a group of Spiderants attacking a group of Psychos. I sat from afar and watched these two enemies of mine wage war, decided I wanted in the action so I whipped out my electric sniper rifle with bouncing bullets and electrocuted everything in sight - but I didn't see a Badass Psycho flanking me with bad intentions. No bother, I flipped to a Torque Shotgun with explosive shells, pulled the trigger at point blank and literally liquified him - to which my character screams "BATHE... IN THE... MEAT... CHUNKS!!!" Moments like this are abundant, and I find myself cackling like an insane person every single time.

There's a long list of interesting characters (my personal favorite is Mr. Torque - he's basically Macho Man Randy Savage on MORE cocaine and steroids) who really capture your imagination. Even with a clearly over-the-top asthetic, there is depth to this story, I think. 

If you've played this game, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you haven't, I'd add it the list. It's not a short game (it's massive, actually) so if you're looking for a quick jump, head somewhere else.

You are so ******* old 

11 hours ago, 43M said:

Just an update on something that may delay things a bit...I may be moving again in the next couple months, so I may have to put things on hold.

My next game will likely be Breath of the Wild, but if I jump in now, and then go away from it for a month or two, Ill probably want to start over, so I may choose a shorter game or a couple shorter games, to hold me over in the meantime.

I might jump into a game this weekend....but probably a game that doesn't have a long story campaign like most of the other games Ive played.

Maybe play some indie games that are much shorter?