43M's Gaming Journal: A Few New Review and Red Dead 2!!!!

43M

7 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I just hope the sequel can hold a candle to this. I know we're a ways away from that day but I'll be first in line. 

I sincerely don't know how they can. 

Maybe go to Europe, China or Africa? Have Aloy get a message to her focus that calls her to cauldrons overseas, and she has to take on the open ocean and any machines out there? Could you imagine a machine based on an Orca whale or a Great White Shark? [\spoiler]

Started Horizon, but feel like an idiot.  Dont know when Im supposed to do what.  When or how Im supposed to kill....when or where to hide...just lost.  Im on my first mission as adult Aloy to get fire arrows, but no idea how to kill these Striders without being detected by...everything else.  Maybe Im overthinking it...but its clearly a stealthy hunt game more than pure action...at least right now.

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Started Horizon, but feel like an idiot.  Dont know when Im supposed to do what.  When or how Im supposed to kill....when or where to hide...just lost.  Im on my first mission as adult Aloy to get fire arrows, but no idea how to kill these Striders without being detected by...everything else.  Maybe Im overthinking it...but its clearly a stealthy hunt game more than pure action...at least right now.

It stays like that for the majority of the game - stay in the high grass and shoot the canisters on their back and that should speed things up a bit.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Just did my first bandit camp in HZD.  Found it frustratingly difficult...mainly because I got down to the last 5 bandits or so THREE TIMES and died, and it took 10-15 minutes just to get there.  

What difficulty are you playing on? They do get easier as time goes by bc you get better at them lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

What difficulty are you playing on? They do get easier as time goes by bc you get better at them lol. 

Normal.

Its hard enough for me on that.

Some of these hunting trials are crazy.  Fun, but hard.   I had to give up on a few for the time being.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Normal.

Its hard enough for me on that.

Some of these hunting trials are crazy.  Fun, but hard.   I had to give up on a few for the time being.

The trials are the only thing I didn't complete to get platinum on this. You have to get full suns on all of them. Screw that lol. They do help you a lot though! Glad you're enjoying it. Don't worry, it gets better!

• Like 2

I was looking into getting the Frozen Wilds DLC on PlayStation Network, but it looks like they only have it available for the complete edition. I don't know if downloading it for the normal Edition would work. When you try to buy the DLC from the main screen of the game, It says the content is not available.

PSN annoys the hell out of me.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:56 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

This game takes place on Earth!?  I assumed it was a fantasy world.

Oh, just keep going. Keep going.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:56 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

This game is like crack.   I cant stop...I won't stop

Yes! You find a save point, you save and then you see a marker - and you can't help yourself, you have to investigate. Rinse, repeat. Next thing you know, five hours have passed.

So frustrating. But so fun. I hope this game reminds developers that you don't have to have a game that's all about online multiplayer. Just let me sit in my room and get immersed in a single player campaign.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

Oh, just keep going. Keep going.

Yes! You find a save point, you save and then you see a marker - and you can't help yourself, you have to investigate. Rinse, repeat. Next thing you know, five hours have passed.

So frustrating. But so fun. I hope this game reminds developers that you don't have to have a game that's all about online multiplayer. Just let me sit in my room and get immersed in a single player campaign.

Yeah...most addictive game Ive played in a long, long time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Glad we weren't lying to you with our seals of approval lol. I usually don't replay games but if I get done with Days Gone before FFVIIR comes out, I'm going through this again

Oh yeah...you guys were spot on.

I will probably come back to it at some point, too.   A lot of other games I want to get to, though.

• Like 2