2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Seems to be a weak year for edge rushers but I'd love to add Chase Young with our first pick. Young/Ferrell would be an awesome duo to build around with Key/Crosby as rotational guys behind them.

It's hard not to see our biggest need not being DL or LB next year. Perhaps TE, but that would take a backseat to the other two.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd love to add Chase Young with our first pick. Young/Ferrell would be an awesome duo to build around with Key/Crosby as rotational guys behind them.

Agreed until contracts come due and we lose 3 of 4...

5 hours ago, G said:

Agreed until contracts come due and we lose 3 of 4...

Yeah at some point you’re going to have to let guys go that’s part of the reason i think the browns passing on Chubb last year made sense. In a few years you’d have to let either him or Garrett walk, resigning a CB is cheaper than a DE plus he impacts the defense as well as Chubb would have. 

• 1 month later...

Easy guys to look out for in the offseason who could be draftable by us (depending on how good/bad we/the bears are)

Chase young (myles garrett light right now)

AJ espenesa (lot of similarities to Nick Bosa)

Isaiah simmons (hybrid LB/S cover guy)

Grant Delpit (maybe a better safety prospect than derwin james)

Jerry Jeudy (out of a lab, absolute freak, best WR prospect I've ever seen outside of megatron)

Ceedee Lamb (hopkins 2.0)

Albert Okwuegbunam (nice tight end prospect with good HWS if they truly want to go in that direction)

Edited by MrOaktown_56

Guys to look out for in the offseason:

Chase young (myles garrett light right now)

AJ espenesa (lot of similarities to Nick Bosa)

Isaiah simmons (hybrid LB/S cover guy)

Grant Delpit (maybe a better safety prospect than derwin james)

Jerry Jeudy (out of a lab, absolute freak, best WR prospect I've ever seen outside of megatron)

Ceedee Lamb (hopkins 2.0)Albert Okwuegbunam

On 7/2/2019 at 5:20 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

In the last two years the Raiders have drafted 3 DEs and 2 DTs.

They’re going to wait and see if they develop before drafting some more D-linemen

You're not wrong. But some guys you can't pass on. I'd say Young and Espenesa fit in that category. Especially because rotating pass rushers and having depth is super important. Obviously I'd love for one of Key/Crosby to hit it out of the park, but it's a wait and see.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2019 at 1:29 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

You're not wrong. But some guys you can't pass on. I'd say Young and Espenesa fit in that category. Especially because rotating pass rushers and having depth is super important. Obviously I'd love for one of Key/Crosby to hit it out of the park, but it's a wait and see.

The winning plan of the Giants when they took out the Pats...Pass rushers are hard to find... :D

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 5:20 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

In the last two years the Raiders have drafted 3 DEs and 2 DTs.

They’re going to wait and see if they develop before drafting some more D-linemen

We'll get to see how good they are this year. If we're picking in the top 5 or top 10 and there's a good edge player on the board, he'll likely be the pick.