2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I didn’t mock a QB to the Raiders last year either. It was Murray or bust. 

This year both Love or Herbert could be available at 12. And one might even be available at 19.

It’ll be very interesting. 

They aren't interested in a QB, they weren't last year and they aren't this year. . Gruden doesn't want a Rookie QB.

12 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

They aren't interested in a QB, they weren't last year and they aren't this year. . Gruden doesn't want a Rookie QB.

Vic echoed this STRONGLY in the article on the athletic. 

"Basically, the Raiders “might” have replaced Carr with a top-5 player in the history of the NFL — otherwise they were good. They didn’t want Philip Rivers or Teddy Bridgewater. They are not going to suddenly pursue Jameis Winston or Cam Newton or trade up to draft Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa. "

"I think Carr’s teammates, as well as many people in the organization, feel that he deserves a third year in Gruden’s system after Carr’s No. 1 receiver last season — Antonio Brown — self-combusted and Carr’s No. 2 target — Williams — went down with two burning feet in Week 5. "

"Hurts would not be in the mix to play in 2020, anyway. Neither would Utah State’s Jordan Love, but I no longer think the Raiders are considering Love with either of their two first-round picks at 12 or 19. "

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

With regards to the first round, do you think the lack of visits, pro days, and interviews will lead to more or less trades on draft night?

I think we usually have 4-6 trades if I’m not mistaken.

I think it makes less trades as everyone will play it safe and stick to the tape more than 'upside'

46 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who are some "consensus" favorites in round 3 potentially?

I like Bradlee Anae, Amik Robertson, Troy Pride Jr, Michael Pittman Jr, Van Jefferson, and Chase Claypool...

Anae, Pittman, Harrison, Pride from that list.

Moss, Akers, Dye come to mind if they're available. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I like Bradlee Anae, Amik Robertson, Troy Pride Jr, Michael Pittman Jr, Van Jefferson, and Chase Claypool...

Guard Bartch, he’s gonna be a solid starter.  Also Pittman and Van Jefferson are capable starters who I like. Van Jefferson is really growing on me. Amik Robertson should be a solid nickel corner and an upgrade over Joyner. 3rd Round seems heavy on depth this year  and not starters outside of G/WR. 2nd Round is loaded with starters more than ever before though. 

Claypool is a R2 lock to me. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think you got a few good ones there, I like Davis-Gaither at LB, Bryan Edwards at WR, Kareem at DE and Dye at LB too. A few who may be there but probably not Damon Arnette CB, Josh Uche LB, Marlon Davidson DT. Maybe a very highly rated player will drop too, theres usually one or two surprises.

10 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Just something to think about 

Did this guy essentially say that it was certain that the Raiders where all in on signing Brady and trading Carr? Talk about a swing and a miss. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Did this guy essentially say that it was certain that the Raiders where all in on signing Brady and trading Carr? Talk about a swing and a miss. 

Some of these guys dig so big of a hole the only thing they can do is keep digging.

If they get bailed out then they can say see I told you so from the beginning.  If nothing happens, it's usually brushed off that the player didn't want to come here or the guy they wanted wasn't available.

These guys are like meteorologists. 50% chance of rain!!

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I been asking this, going make a list today since I have time 

Ben mentioned that the Raiders were shopping Carr around. He may have mentioned that they were interested in Brady, but I can almost guarantee that he didn't say they were going all in on Brady. I could be wrong tho and missed those tweets from him. 

Our major needs going into the draft are as follows.  Starters (WR, CB, S, LB, 3T possibly) Depth (RB, Edge,OL) If we stand pat and don't make any trade how would you like to see our first 4 picks play out?  I'm not asking for specific players but more along the lines of positions being addressed and filled?

If we can come away with a WR,CB,S and RB I would be very pleased.  

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Our major needs going into the draft are as follows.  Starters (WR, CB, S, LB, 3T possibly) Depth (RB, Edge,OL) If we stand pat and don't make any trade how would you like to see our first 4 picks play out?  I'm not asking for specific players but more along the lines of positions being addressed and filled?

WR, S, CB, LB. 

CB is a bigger need than S but I don't like the CB's that are going to be available at 19 vs. the S's.

20 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

• I think Eli Apple and Mullen are our starting CBs, might need any guy to challenge. Don't view it as a huge need, plus Joyner is the nickel
  • we play more of a 4-2-5 base defense so I don't see SLB as a huge need

Starters: WR, FS

Depth: LB, G(Richie replacement due to age), CB, RB, WR (depth chart weak)