2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

15 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Shenault is a guy I’d love at 19. 

PFF had a mock today where he goes to us at 19. I'm personally not a fan of him though. He had one big game against USC (which may be the only game a lot of people watched here, cause we have many USC fans) but against all other top corners he looked extremely pedestrian.

I'm starting to see Ruggs go ahead of Jeudy in quite a few mocks. I'd gladly take either of them. Ruggs = Tyreek Hill. Jeudy = Chad Johnson/Amari hybrid. And he is much more Chad than Amari. Chad is one of the most underrated WRs ever. His prime from 03 to 06 was ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I'm starting to see Ruggs go ahead of Jeudy in quite a few mocks. I'd gladly take either of them. Ruggs = Tyreek Hill. Jeudy = Chad Johnson/Amari hybrid. And he is much more Chad than Amari. Chad is one of the most underrated WRs ever. His prime from 03 to 06 was ridiculous.

Doesn't surprise me. I am not as high on Jeudy as others. When the combine comes around, Ruggs' speed will impress and he may end up the 1st WR off the board (though I think Lamb should be). 

1 minute ago, Steins Gate said:

Doesn't surprise me. I am not as high on Jeudy as others. When the combine comes around, Ruggs' speed will impress and he may end up the 1st WR off the board (though I think Lamb should be). 

I have Jeudy as my 1 and Ruggs as my 2 but it's extremely close for me. I might flop the two at some point. Especially if Ruggs runs like a 4.25 or less.

52 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

PFF had a mock today where he goes to us at 19. I'm personally not a fan of him though. He had one big game against USC (which may be the only game a lot of people watched here, cause we have many USC fans) but against all other top corners he looked extremely pedestrian.

Draft the traits, not the stat sheet. He played with a lack of talent around him. Showed big time skills every opportunity he got. 

• Like 3

I personally think Jeudy or Ruggs with Tyrell, Renfrow, Waller, and Foster is one of the deadliest cores in the league. Foster is really underrated as a receiver. 

Our core was probably 20-25 (No where near as bad as some Carr fans will exaggerate) range this year but I think that one player can make a vast difference and boost us up to 10 or so. 

I think Kinlaw is going to be the pick at 12, barring something crazy, like Jeudy, Lamb, Simmons, Brown, Okudah, etc. being there. 

He can start on day 1 and the upside is elite. Marinelli would be a great guy to coach him to his potential. 

I'm not high enough on Kenneth Murray to draft him early. Maybe at 19, but no higher than that. I like Henry Ruggs, but I don't love him. He didnt do enough against LSU and Fulton/Stingley for me to think he's a bonafide #1, even though he has some really good traits. 

A good WR will be there at 19. If not, there may be a good chance to trade down.

Early scouting report on kinlaw: 

Ridiculous HWS, especially length.  Uses a rip move to shed blockers with high effectiveness. Doesn't always have a pass rush plan and can sometimes just win with brute strength. Doesn't use a lot of counter moves that I've seen, but does use his rip to shed blocks when he's initially lost, allowing him to eventually get home. Good motor. Has the potential to bat down a lot of passes. Could do a better job on double teams.  

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Patrick Queen declared today. Would love to move out of the 19th slot to acquire a 2nd round pick to grab him. 

I’m also not huge on Shenault. If we’re going WR I’d prefer Ruggs, Lamb, or Jeudy. 

Queen imo is 1.b to Simmons 1.a in terms of lbs