2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

27 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Was anyone in on Queen before this past week? I haven’t heard him mentioned around here or even by a lot of the major draftniks until he killed the natty and now he’s an option at 19?

I'd be comfortable spending a second round pick on him. But 19 is too rich. 

Queen at 19 is a no. Queen would be a option if the Raiders had a second round pick. He will be gone by the third round. 

There is always a couple of players that rise Queen could very well be that player. Well see if he rises to the first round. 

I didn’t think he would declare before the Championship game cause the lack of starting experience before this year, but after the second half of that game it became clear that he should leave.

Compares really well to Deion Jones

Edited by agarcia34

29 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Queen at 19 is a no. Queen would be a option if the Raiders had a second round pick. He will be gone by the third round. 

There is always a couple of players that rise Queen could very well be that player. Well see if he rises to the first round. 

I didn’t think he would declare before the Championship game cause the lack of starting experience before this year, but after the second half of that game it became clear that he should leave.

Compares really well to Deion Jones

Stuck behind devin but had more mlb experience than dev

low millage defensive version of Jacobs imo

kicked Phillips outside 

i guess after the chip and playing well strike while the iron is hot and try the league 

is the best pure mlb in the draft

simmons is a hybrid 

if I want a pure mlb that’s queen 

I also look at prospect coach’s while y’all think I’m just a homer

dabo pushes out professionals

bronco pushes out gamers

saban pushes out wild cards 

stoops pushes out solid guys 

LSU new coach that sounds like a wrestler is unpredictable cause he so new and it’s about 5 guys I love from that squad 

etcetc

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m thinking about trading carr to Mia fir their two 2nds 

if they take tua gives them a guy so tua doesn’t have to rush back

carr is actually kinda upgrade from fitz 

If you can get 2 second rounders for Carr you can sell ice to Eskimos.

• Like 2

I feel like we need to go get our QB while we have the two first round picks and a favorable cap situation to work with.

I believe that defense wins championships, but I also believe you need a top 5 QB to be a long term winning team who competes year after year. 

I am not the guy who has a personal hatred of Carr. In fact, I like him. I wish he was playing better. I think we have a couple years of tape that says he has lost his edge. He is like Maverick in Top Gun. He can't engage. Goose is in his head! He needs to squeeze those dog tags and hit the breaks they'll fly right by! But alas, he does not feel the need, the need for speed. 

Jokes aside, he is likely not going to return to being the QB he was his first few seasons in the league. He is gun shy. It happens. 

Burrow is the player most likely to catapult your franchise to a dynasty in this draft. He is Andrew Luckesque. The shame is the Bengals will very likely ruin him. They have a terrible oline and a neophyte head coach. He could have a career very like Luck's in Cincy where he looks great up until the beating he is going to take makes him unavailable and ineffective. Then he retires or loses his mental toughness like Carr because he is a battered wife of a QB.

Let him come to the Raiders where a QB guru is the head coach. The oline is excellent. The running game is yummy, and he has a young security blanket tight end and third down slot receiver who is a gamer. Truth be told with Burrow we are a WR1 away from a legit top 5 offense if you believe he is a transcendent talent at the QB position. I do.

We have plenty of cap space to fill out our D and our incredible draft class of last year wont be do for new contracts for multiple years. So, we can take on some good vets and build a solid defense with 60 mill of cap space available to us while having those FA contracts not prevent us from resigning guys from last years draft class who prove worthy of the next couple of years.

If we wait, we won't have two firsts to work with and we will have some of our rookie deals coming up in two years instead of three.

The time is now. New city and a new hope at QB!

Burrow for president.

Edited by ragingraider
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Really think Carr’s value is 3rd round and maybe with a 5th round. 

Carr and one of our 3rds in exchange for a solid player and a 2nd would be my absolute floor on a trade. 

He's a starting caliber QB in a league somewhat starved for them, playing a position that is probably most amenable to a scheme change working out. Tannehill's resurgence probably inflates Carr's market value too. There's quite a few teams who aren't going to be in a position to take one of the surefire 1st round QBs who would likely see Carr as a steal for a 2nd to at least bridge a gap for a while.

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Carr and one of our 3rds in exchange for a solid player and a 2nd would be my absolute floor on a trade. 

He's a starting caliber QB in a league somewhat starved for them, playing a position that is probably most amenable to a scheme change working out. Tannehill's resurgence probably inflates Carr's market value too. There's quite a few teams who aren't going to be in a position to take one of the surefire 1st round QBs who would likely see Carr as a steal for a 2nd to at least bridge a gap for a while.

Who? The only team I can think of realistically is the Bucs. Don't forget Carr isn't a cheap vet option. Would you rather pay fitz 8 mil or Carr 25? Dalton or Rivers will be 12-15. Carr hasn't made himself that appealing.

Edited by ragingraider

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think we can get what your saying is the floor, but it would probably involve taking someone else's contract cancer of a player.

2 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

Burrow 

Let him come to the Raiders where a QB guru is the head coach.

Never going to happen without pulling a Dan Snyder and mortgaging the franchise for the next several seasons. Not after that championship game and the season he had. 

2 1sts to trade up for one of Tua/Burrow a few months ago might have been realistic. But with how the college season played out and the draft order, at this point it would be reckless. 

Joe is going to Cincy. Tua will probably go high, but that hip scares the bejesus out of me. He's talented, but not 2 1sts talented. Not with those ?'s having yet to be resolved. 

We'd be better off trading back with one of the 1sts into the high 20s to try and gain some extra capital to jump back into the 2nd with. Love or Eason would probably still be around in the 20s. Or stand pat with Carr, grab the weapons we really want/need, and wait til next year (I think the overall QB class next year is shaping up to be much better than this year). 

I'm all for using the 2 1sts to our advantage (maybe we trade one for an extra 1st next year?). But what it would take to move into the 1st pick would set us back long term imo.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

Who? The only team I can think of realistically is the Bucs. Don't forget Carr isn't a cheap vet option. Would you rather pay fitz 8 mil or Carr 25? Dalton or Rivers will be 12-15. Carr hasn't made himself that appealing.

Bucs, Panthers, Bears, Patriots, Chargers, Steelers, Jaguars come to mind in a variety of scenarios, albeit some more likely than others (Jags are unlikely, but you never know). Depends on who retires or is allowed to hit FA. But there's going to be a QB market outside of Cincy (Burrow) and Miami (Tua, I'm guessing) that could wind up overpaying. 

Right now, there's way to much unknown to really take a worthwhile guess at though. 

I agree with all that, except Burrow is special. He is a different QB. He is as sure a thing as you can get to a future hall of famer at QB, the most important position on the field, as I have ever seen.

If you felt strongly someone was Joe Montana or Tom Brady what would you give up for those guys. I am happy to mortgage a full draft class for one of those guys. Jordan Love, Eason, Tua, or not comparable to Burrow. Tua would be without the injury.

We can get a top WR1 and fill our defensive holes, but I just don;t think we are going anywhere with Carr as our QB 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Bucs, Panthers, Bears, Patriots, Chargers, Steelers, Jaguars come to mind in a variety of scenarios, albeit some more likely than others (Jags are unlikely, but you never know). Depends on who retires or is allowed to hit FA. But there's going to be a QB market outside of Cincy (Burrow) and Miami (Tua, I'm guessing) that could wind up overpaying. 

Right now, there's way to much unknown to really take a worthwhile guess at though. 

The Panthers are going to pay Carr over Newton? Heck, Newton is cheaper and better. The Bears can't afford Carr with their cap situation, and they still have hope MT can turn it around. He got them to the playoffs, and he is still on his rookie deal. Tom Brady will be back next year so definitely not going to happen in New England. They aren't going to pay 20 plus million for their backup. The Steelers have over 30 mil tied up already in Ben next year so not going to happen. Jags have Foles who they are paying and Minshew. If they want to eat Foles contract why would they take on Carr's when they could see what they have in Minshew or draft a Love, Eason, or maybe even Herbert with their top pick. The Chargers? Not a chance. They can bring on Herbert at 6. They aren't trading for Carr. They would resign Rivers first.

Sorry the only team you mentioned that might entertain a Carr trade is the Bucs.