2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Everyone listen to Mayock's press conference. Him saying "drafting for coaches" makes me second guess Kinlaw at 12 only because I have no idea what Guenther wants.

Yes, Mayock got me pumped. Love that he is with us. Also, the way he speaks of Gruden shows me no lingering resentment from the AB mess. Seems like they are on the same page. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Depending on how the draft falls I wouldn’t mind trading back in the first and replenishing our 2nd and mid-late round picks. 

we need depth and Mayock has shown he can find those guys all through the draft. 

I'm always down for a trade down. I feel more confident we won't get ripped off either now with MM at the helm.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm always down for a trade down. I feel more confident we won't get ripped off either now with MM at the helm.

How dare you take a jab at McKenzie and Grudens trading down skills. Getting a 3rd Round Pick for moving from 3 to 12 is a massive and indescribable value. 

On 1/15/2020 at 9:30 PM, NYRaider said:

Another mock draft using TDN's tool 

Trades: 

#19 to GB for #30 & #62

#62 & #91 to NYJ for #49

Draft:

12: Henry Ruggs III | WR | Alabama

30: Kenneth Murray | LB | Oklahoma 

49: Patrick Queen | LB | LSU

80: Antoine Winfield Jr | S | Minnesota 

81: Zack Baun | Edge | Wisconsin 

111: Zack Moss | RB | Utah

I did something similar.

Traded 19 for 35 and and 67. 

Then traded 67 and 91 for 47. 

Kinlaw @ 12.

Queen @ 35.

Jefferson @ 47. 

Winfield Jr. @ 80.

Nick Coe @ 81.

Cam Akers @ 111.

I really like the idea of turning 2 1sts and 3 3rds into 1 first, 2 seconds and 2 3rds depending how the board falls at 19. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How dare you take a jab at McKenzie and Grudens trading down skills. Getting a 3rd Round Pick for moving from 3 to 12 is a massive and indescribable value. 

To be fair, 2013 was an uncharacteristically weak draft at the top. Trade value was down and we didn’t have a 2nd rounder that year. I can forgive that move.

Edited by Justwinning

6 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I did something similar.

Traded 19 for 35 and and 67. 

Then traded 67 and 91 for 47. 

Kinlaw @ 12.

Queen @ 35.

Jefferson @ 47. 

Winfield Jr. @ 80.

Nick Coe @ 81.

Cam Akers @ 111.

I really like the idea of turning 2 1sts and 3 3rds into 1 first, 2 seconds and 2 3rds depending how the board falls at 19. 

It'll be interesting to see how free agency shakes out. I'm praying that we can add Chris Jones and Cory Littleton to our front seven. Can you imagine Littleton + Simmons/Queen? That would completely transform our defense and front 7 to have to a dominant rusher inside and two athletic playmaking LBs. 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Depending on how the draft falls I wouldn’t mind trading back in the first and replenishing our 2nd and mid-late round picks. 

we need depth and Mayock has shown he can find those guys all through the draft. 

Agreed. I'd like to see us stay put at #12 so we can add a dynamic WR like Ruggs, Lamb, or Jeudy. But we also need a LB and Murray isn't a great value at #19 to be honest. Hell, we could even potentially move down later into the first and still draft Murray while acquiring more capital. Hopefully Jordan Love is still on the board when we're making our selection and someone like New England or Green Bay wants to move up and grab him. 

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mayock is such a MF stud. I can't wait to see who this guy drafts in the mid-rounds. He has such a great feel for pinpointing guys with a high floor/high ceiling and knowing if the staff can get the most out of them.

He has shown that he can hit on role players in the middle rounds and even find some studs like Crosby. That'll give us a lot of flexibility because we're going to have  a ton of 1st and 2nd year players starting next year on team friendly deals. We'll be able to be aggressive in free agency. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It'll be interesting to see how free agency shakes out. I'm praying that we can add Chris Jones and Cory Littleton to our front seven. Can you imagine Littleton + Simmons/Queen? That would completely transform our defense and front 7 to have to a dominant rusher inside and two athletic playmaking LBs. 

If Jones test FA he won't sign anywhere but Vegas. Mayock will offer him a blank check.I just don't think KC lets him test FA.

And the more SF all22 games I watch the less I like Armstead. Leo would be interesting to see his asking price. I also want to know what Marinelli thinks about Hurst because he is not consistent but flashes top end potential. 

I like the idea of adding Littleton of Schobert and draft Simmons or Queen. Hell unlike Phillip Jacobs in the 3rd too if we don't land Simmons or Queen.

We need a CB opposite Mullen. I am not comfortable with Johnson yet and don't want worley in Vegas. Byron Jones is my FA3 after Jones and Schobert. Littleton is 4. Roby is 5.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

If Jones test FA he won't sign anywhere but Vegas. Mayock will offer him a blank check.I just don't think KC lets him test FA.

And the more SF all22 games I watch the less I like Armstead. Leo would be interesting to see his asking price. I also want to know what Marinelli thinks about Hurst because he is not consistent but flashes top end potential. 

I like the idea of adding Littleton of Schobert and draft Simmons or Queen. Hell unlike Phillip Jacobs in the 3rd too if we don't land Simmons or Queen.

We need a CB opposite Mullen. I am not comfortable with Johnson yet and don't want worley in Vegas. Byron Jones is my FA3 after Jones and Schobert. Littleton is 4. Roby is 5.

Yeah, Jones should be our #1 target this offseason, he'd make such a huge impact for us. 

It'll be interesting to see how guys like Hurst and Hall develop in their third year under Marinelli. 

That's my ideal situation as well. 

Byron Jones will definitely be on our radar with Marinelli on the staff now. If we don't sign a starting CB in free agency I expect that we'll use that #19 pick on another outside CB tbh.