2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

I get that there will be a legit WR like Ruggs or Higgins available at 19, but can you really justify passing on Jeudy or Lamb at #12? Only way I pass on those two is if Simmons is also available. 

Same. 

My BB for 12 is basically:

1) Simmons

2) Jeudy

3) Ruggs

I expect Derrick Brown, Okudah, Tua to be long gone. 

I also don’t think Simmons and Jeudy will be there. So Ruggs is probably my pick. No way Ruggs gets to 19. Either the Broncos at 15 or Cowboys at 17 will 100% select him IMO. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I get that there will be a legit WR like Ruggs or Higgins available at 19, but can you really justify passing on Jeudy or Lamb at #12? Only way I pass on those two is if Simmons is also available. 

Or Derrick Brown. Jeudy is special. I have small reservations about how lambs game will translate even though I think he’s the 2nd best WR in COLLEGE football (behind chase).

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Or Derrick Brown. Jeudy is special. I have small reservations about how lambs game will translate even though I think he’s the 2nd best WR in COLLEGE football (behind chase).

I feel like Lamb isn’t going to test as explosive as some might think. Regardless, he’s a top end prospect. 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

We agree here. Derrick Brown is my #1 in our draft range (not including Chase, etc) but Brown won’t get past Pick 7 in my opinion. 

I don’t like Lamb much for the Pros. Unpopular opinion and people don’t like unpopular opinion, so I just don’t mention Lambs name in my BB’s. Lambs the #2 WR in College Football absolutely. He’s great. His speed is gonna cause separation issues at the next level. I’m fairly confident Lamb will not be picked in the Top 15. I honestly think he’ll go in the 21-25 range after his 4.56 (my guess) time at the combine. 

“But hes Hopkins!!!” Hopkins is one of a kind that can not be replicated. Treadwell was also constantly compared to Hopkins. Although I think Lamb is wayyyy better than Treadwell. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

We agree here. Derrick Brown is my #1 in our draft range (not including Chase, etc) but Brown won’t get past Pick 7 in my opinion. 

I don’t like Lamb much for the Pros. Unpopular opinion and people don’t like unpopular opinion, so I just don’t mention Lambs name in my BB’s. Lambs the #2 WR in College Football absolutely. He’s great. His speed is gonna cause separation issues at the next level. I’m fairly confident Lamb will not be picked in the Top 15. I honestly think he’ll go in the 21-25 range after his 4.56 (my guess) time at the combine. 

“But hes Hopkins!!!” Hopkins is one of a kind that can not be replicated. Treadwell was also constantly compared to Hopkins. Although I think Lamb is wayyyy better than Treadwell. 

I think Ceedee can win in a lot of ways that Oklahoma didn’t showcase as much because of their offense. He has some savvy as a route runner. He does remind me of Hopkins and prime Dez some. In the 10-20 range, he’s great value. No way he would get past us at 19.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think Ceedee can win in a lot of ways that Oklahoma didn’t showcase as much because of their offense. He has some savvy as a route runner. He does remind me of Hopkins and prime Dez some. In the 10-20 range, he’s great value. No way he would get past us at 19.

Maybe your right. But I feel Mayocks BB will be similar to mine and have both Jeudy/Ruggs over Lamb. I still have Lamb as my #3 but I’d rather avoid him. 

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Funny I have reservations with Ruggs. Fulton clamped him. It gives me pause.

Scheme him open , which won’t be hard what so ever with his speed and route running abilities. To me he is Tyreek Hill 2.0. No doubt in my mind almost. And I am rarely “certain” on prospects. 

43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 40 time and Chris Carter ran like a turtle. Not saying Lamb will be the next Rice or Carter, but there are other aspects to his game that will make him effective. 

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 40 time and Chris Carter ran like a turtle. Not saying Lamb will be the next Rice or Carter, but there are other aspects to his game that will make him effective. 

Jerry Rice is the best route runner of all time and best with yards after catch of all time. He is a complete abnormal that rarely ever happens. 

Plus Rice had 3 QBs, all three were Top 2 QBs while he played with them (Montana, Young, Gannon) and they all got him the ball so he can get his YAC. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jerry Rice is the best route runner of all time and best with yards after catch of all time. He is a complete abnormal that rarely ever happens. 

Plus Rice had 3 QBs, all three were Top 2 QBs while he played with them (Montana, Young, Gannon) and they all got him the ball so he can get his YAC. 

All were MVPs