2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

People have to understand back when Jerry Rice was playing college they didn’t train for the combine.

They ran the 40 out of their football stance.

With that being said with modern training he’s a 4.3 guy all day 

Meh Jerry trained harder than anyone ive heard of Bill Walsh used to tell me about Jerry and roger Craig’s work ethic all the time 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh Jerry trained harder than anyone ive heard of Bill Walsh used to tell me about Jerry and roger Craig’s work ethic all the time 

Rice came from a small school,  I doubt they had trainers.

Once in the NFL he trained like a madman 

4 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Rice came from a small school,  I doubt they had trainers.

Once in the NFL he trained like a madman 

It was him tho he pushed himself he did so much extra stuff outside of practice iirc even at college going full speed through drills inviting double and triple team treatment to help him get better at getting separation. I don’t think he ever had a “trainer“.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It was him tho he pushed himself he did so much extra stuff outside of practice iirc even at college going full speed through drills inviting double and triple team treatment to help him get better at getting separation. I don’t think he ever had a “trainer“.

I don’t understand what we’re arguing about if you train for the 40 with a track coach you are going to get better time.

Not saying he’s not the best WR or the hardest working one.  I’m just saying his slow 40 time was probably because he didn’t have proper training in the 40.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

People have to understand back when Jerry Rice was playing college they didn’t train for the combine.

They ran the 40 out of their football stance.

With that being said with modern training he’s a 4.3 guy all day 

That argument certainly makes total sense, expect it’s just not true, lol.  Very few WRs at 6’2 200 run 4.39.  Certainly with training he may have been a 4.50 maybe Even at absolute best 4.47, instead of 4.72.  Worth ethic and will can’t get Rice to 4.39 or better.   Rice just didn’t have the body time and level of explosion to get there.  People underestimate the difference between 4.45 and 4.39,,, it’s pretty big.  Every .01 deduction after 4.45 around (just IMO) is exponential greater.  

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Here is my pick at WR laviska shenault.  He excels at everything the Raiders offense wants the WRs to do.

He also plays QB in short yards situations.

shenault scares and excites me.  There’s just so much rawness to his route running and I feel he’s a guy you’ll have to scheme open or plays for.  I’m not saying I don’t like him, but certainly not at 19.  

I also don’t think we necessarily need the ideal “WR1”.  Williams is a very good WR2 with the capability for a 60-70 catch, 900-1000+ yard, 6-8 TD season (he’s done it before).  Add in the fact that Darren Waller is just off a 90 catch, 1045yd season and capable of even better with More experience (albeit there are obvious limitation to that statistical growth given he’s a TE).   Renfrow looks like a year in and year out 50-65 catch, 600-800 yd slot/WR3.  

Yes, we definitely need another starter.  But we don’t necessarily NEED a “WR1” which I believe there are around 15 in the NFL.  What I think we need is a go-to WR.  A high workload guy who doesn’t need to be schemed open that much.  That allows Waller, Williams (Carr: please throw to him Deep over the middle next year or I will leave your rapidly diminishing “fan club”), and Renfrow to be schemed for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm ok with Shenault at 19. I just don't like him compared to some of the other WRs (e.g. Higgins) because of his lack of polish. I do acknowledge how high his upside is.

Reminds me of that kr/pr/we/rb dude Patterson we had I can’t see him as a first rounder too raw

• Like 2

I gotta pass on laviska shenault. He has never played a full season in three years of college football. That is serious injury history that cannot be taken in the first round. 

Give me Reagor over him every day

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That argument certainly makes total sense, expect it’s just not true, lol.  Very few WRs at 6’2 200 run 4.39.  Certainly with training he may have been a 4.50 maybe Even at absolute best 4.47, instead of 4.72.  Worth ethic and will can’t get Rice to 4.39 or better.   Rice just didn’t have the body time and level of explosion to get there.  People underestimate the difference between 4.45 and 4.39,,, it’s pretty big.  Every .01 deduction after 4.45 around (just IMO) is exponential greater.  

Very true.  Training will make you faster but going from 4.7 to 4.3 is a ridiculous jump for for an already well trained athlete. 4.3 speed is a god given talent that has been trained also.

16 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

It would be ridiculous having Jeudy, Lamb, Williams, Waller, Renfrow, Moreau, and Jacobs.  That would be the best collection of weapons in the league.  Now if we only had a QB that did not shoot like a storm trooper.

hysterical. Shoots like a storm trooper! love it!

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Reminds me of that kr/pr/we/rb dude Patterson we had I can’t see him as a first rounder too raw

This is my problem with Laviska. He could be the best WR in this class or he can be Cordarrelle Patterson. Unless Mayock knows something I don't I wouldn't touch him in round 1.